Community_discussions_small  

Question

January 6th-18th 2010 - Anyone??

31 May 2009 Elle-D asked

Default_avatar
Hey guys! Anyone going on this Contiki? I'm going by myself and am a bit nervous - ok a lot nervous!! Would be great to get an idea of who's going to be nervous with me!

Drop a line and say hello!

Cheers,

El Cool
  • 22 Nov 2009 Matt R said

Default_avatar

Hey Lauren, welcome to both of you.

This video helped me visualize the weather; it’s a montage of the Discovery tour from last January. (but 2010 could be much colder as you said).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwPQHtt_svM

~Matt

• 23 Nov 2009 Lauren said

Default_avatar

That clip looks amazing! We will all be having too much fun to worry about the cold anyway. We leave just after christmas, 28th dec. Spending about a week in London sightseeing before the tour. Staying in the Royal National Hotel, Bedford Way (the one we meet at on the beginning of the tour). Thanks for the thermal advice lil_jolly, I rang some relatives in London last night and they laughed at me when I asked them if they wear thermals haha!

• 23 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

It doesnt even look cold in that clip! Looks like a truck load of fun tho! Hope ours is! Im sure it will be.

Um i am taking thermals – not only because i find them to be INCREDIBLY attractive, but also becoz im going to Boston and NY which i have heard may kill me with cold…
    Also id rather have them and not wear them than not have them and die.

My newest thought is stop stressing, if u need it, buy it there. haha. GO SHOPPING! woo!

Also guys, i just got my CONTIKI pack! Cos i leave ultra soon… eeek!
    It is very cool. Yes we do meet the night before at 6pm at the basement place. We meet our tour ppl then and stuff. So YAY for that.

The pack is cool so i wont spoil it for y’all by tellign u wat is in it. Ok its not that cool. but whatev, it got me excited.

Wat is everyone doing with mobile phone sim cards? Noone is realyl going for as long as me are they (3mths)… so are u all just keeping your normal sims?…

Ladida…work isnt much fun when u have a trip to be excited about is it?!

See u all soon!!!

• 23 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Hey all –

This is Mike, the other half of the Matt & Mike tag team travel duo from the U.S. Sorry for the delay in getting on here and chatting with everyone, as i know Matt has already introduced himself, but here I am, and I am just as excited as everyone else to get this tour started! I’m sure it will be a trip to remember and we will all have an amazing time together! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

hahahaha “Matt and Mike tag team travel duo” – I love it.

There are too many duos however. All you duos better be nice to us solos! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Nov 2009 lil_jolly13 said

lil_jolly13

Im using my own sim card coz im only going for 1 month. and i agree with elle i’d rather have thermals especially for germany, austria and switzerland than die from the cold lol. last time i went to london i couldn’t feel my fingers when i went outside even though i had gloves on!

Work is SOOO not fun for me….Retail at christmas!! eeewwwww im constantly faced with nasty customers who don’t want to wait in line and GLITTER!!! there is glitter E-V-E-R-Y W-H-E-R-E!!! damn those decorations!! it’s even getting in my eyes! only part of this countdown i hate…being a register/refund operator yuk!

lil_jolly13

Duo’s…solo’s its all the same really!! We are going to have a great time regardless! everyone sounds very friendly.. i don’t think there are going to be any problems… Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 23 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Hang in there guys. I was just talking to Matt and the trip is going to be here before we know it. Only a few weeks away!

I hate glitter too haha. I can’t stand it when it’s all over greeting cards. Ugh, what’s this world coming to that we have nothing better to complain about than glitter?

lil_jolly13

haha i know glitter is the herpes of the art world after all…according to Arj Barker anyway lol

• 23 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

So does anybody know how many people we have on our tour so far? I don’t think it’s completely booked up. Maybe a smaller crowd will serve as a more personal setting though, so who knows!

lil_jolly13

i think it is booked out coz if you try to book it now it says it’s unavailable… so looks like its going to be a big group! so therefore bigger partying and fun!!

lil_jolly13

who has facebook? add me Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> lil_jolly13@hotmail.com

• 23 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

That’s odd. It still says available on the website. Oh well. Yes, the more the merrier!

No facebook for me yet. I’m still stuck in the stone age with aol I guess haha!

lil_jolly13

maybe they’ve just stopped more aussies joining lol! well you should get facebook!! or maybe not.. it can get addictive… and distracting especially when you’re trying to still write that essay that was due last week..woops

• 23 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

hehe that’s why I don’t want to get on there. I am afraid I will never sign off….kind of like this contiki forum!!! Okay, I’m off to bed. Talk to you all later Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

lil_jolly13

Nite!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Nov 2009 Geoff said

Default_avatar

Well I thought it may be time to introduce myself… Im Geoff – from Melbourne, Australia. I am 23 but will be 24 by the time the trip hits. I work within Employment Services/Recruitment & just committed myself to go back to Uni next year to complete my Business Degree. A confession must be made…I have been reading this forum for a while and tracking who is coming along.. haha.
    It will not be just me on this trip. I see that duo’s and solo’s are the theme but I am actually entering in this trip as a three-o. I am th token male amongst 2 ladies- Elaine and Kylie. Elaine a Secondary teacher and Kylie a fashion designer. We are all really excited aabout the trip and looking forward to meeting everyone! Good to see that there are some blokes on the trip and I will defintely need some time out moments from travelling with 2 girls. Cheers to all! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Nov 2009 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Welcome Geoff, Elaine and Kylie! Lil_Jolly i added you on facebook.. i hope it is you! Does anyone know if we get to go skiing during the tour?

• 24 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Geoff, Elaine, and Kylie –

It’s Three’s Company baby!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Welcome to the forum guys! Man, all these Aussies, Matt and I are probably going to learn more about Australia than Europe!! Everybody seems so friendly and ready to have a great time though. The countdown to Jan 6th rolls on….

Lauren, you will probably have a chance to ski. I’m sure there will be plenty of opportunities to do lots of activities!

And where have you been Elle? All’s quiet from our ringleader

• 24 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

Ringleader ey? i like it… haha.
    Apologies for not jumping on board witht he glitter=herpes chat… didnt really think i had much to add. I’ll make sure to leave my glitter stash at home however…

Also Mike, you really totally absolutely need to get facebook. Otherwise how will we Aussies stalk u post trip? Hmm? didnt think about that now did you… Get onto it.

I wish i knew wat everyone looked like.. hmmm

and Lauren, i noticed skiing occuring in that film thing that was posted… eek! I went snowboarding for a weekend this year tho, so im a total pro now (NOT!) but it’d be fun just the same! Maybe its an optional extra?

Um also, as ringleader (hehehe), i feel it is my duty to remind y’all to ‘check in’.
    You just click on the link on the contiki homepage and put all ur dets in, passport number etc. Dont know if u can do it till u have ur pack tho cos there is a ref number…
    But anyway – do it so u dont have to do it there.

I am moving house at the mo and it is driving me insane. i wann pack to go away not pack up my LIFE and move it home to my parentals… sigh…

Just thought u’d all want to knw that.. clearly am avoiding constructive work…

best be off.
    i have 20 sleeps till i leave!!
    Also – i will be in london for 2 nights pre tour so if anyone else is (i know some of u duo’s and trios are!) lets play!

Ringleader Out. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion