Community_discussions_small  

Question

January 6th-18th 2010 - Anyone??

31 May 2009 Elle-D asked

Default_avatar
Hey guys! Anyone going on this Contiki? I'm going by myself and am a bit nervous - ok a lot nervous!! Would be great to get an idea of who's going to be nervous with me!

Drop a line and say hello!

Cheers,

El Cool
  • 24 Nov 2009 lil_jolly13 said

lil_jolly13

Hey Geoff, Elaine and Kylie Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> woohoo more melbourne ppl!! where abouts are you guys from in melbourne?

Ringleader sign up for contiki perks as well Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> it should be in the same area as the check-in..I hope your move went smoothly Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I want my documents now!!!

By the way everyone, i think our forum is the most awesomest out of all of them YAY! hehe

oh and elle as long as no-one brings glitter and/or herpes to the tour i think we will all be fine LOL don’t think you missed much there!

I am sooo pumped about this trip!!!!
    I feel like elle’s sidekick…i think i have too many posts on this forum haha

• 24 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

TOTAL sidekick…

On the Herpes note :
    One of my mates just got back from a 40 day Contiki (wow – way too long to be cramped in a buss with 50 strangers – no offence team!)
    and by then end it had gotten realyl *****y, and one of the grils on the tour DID get herpes, and then someone spread a rumour about it, and she thought it was my mate, so she punched her in the face!

Can that not happen on our tour? Please? (ie. no herpes and no punching?)

Good. Glad we got that sorted .
    No such thing as too many posts!
    x

• 24 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

OMG the site just put **** where i wrote a swear word!!!

HAHAHAHAAH

B*tchy was the word… hahahah Gold…

lil_jolly13

hahahaha that is HILARIOUS!! i want to swear just to see if it does it…****

not so hilarious about the herpes….eww yeah…ok everyone if you’ve got herpes don’t share the love…

and deff no punching!

lil_jolly13

it worked!!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 24 Nov 2009 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Hahaha at the above convo! I can tell our contiki group is going to be awesome and everyone will get on really well. Elle what is your fb so I can add you?

lil_jolly13

hey lauren shes on my friends list so find her through there Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Nov 2009 lainy** said

Default_avatar

Hello to everyone!

Geoff has already introduced me and I have no doubt he’ll laugh when he logs on tonight to see my name here! haha!

I’m Elaine (obviously!) and have enjoyed reading through all of your posts – glad everyone seems so nice and friendly!

Like Geoff mentioned, we are travelling as a trio and I’m really psyched to meet heaps of new people! I’ve only been to England and Scotland in Europe so am really keen to check out some more – even if it is only for 12 days…

The countdown has officially begun for me – 36 days!

Looking forward to meeting you all over there and sharing what I’m sure are going to be FANTASTIC memories!!

Elaine

• 25 Nov 2009 lainy** said

Default_avatar

Funnily enough, my name appears to be ‘Explorer1158406’ but you can all call me Elaine Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 25 Nov 2009 lil_jolly13 said

lil_jolly13

Hey elaine Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> nice to hear from you Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> feel free to add your own crazy to this little forum.. i feel i have far exceeded my quota lol i think its all the excitement thats making me so hyperactive!! only 30 days for me now!! YAY

• 25 Nov 2009 Jac said

Jac

Hey All!

It’s been a while since I posted here so just thought I’d say hi to all of you who have joined us since!

It’s getting so close now, only 25 days for me! I have no idea if I’m actually organised and ready, I’m really just winging it at the moment!

My pack hasn’t arrived yet but my travel agent assures me it will get here before I go!

BTW, I haven’t checked this with Contiki officially (should probably call them) but my plan is to leave the tour on the 2nd last day (in Paris) so I can spend a little longer in Paris enjoying the sights and the Parisian atmosphere Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> Has anyone ever heard of someone doing that? It shouldn’t be a huge problem, right?? I’d make my own way back to London when I’m ready…

I’m staying at the contiki hotel on the night before we depart so pre-tour drinks are definitely in order!

• 25 Nov 2009 Matt R said

Default_avatar

Welcome Geoff, Elaine, Kylie and Jac.

Ok…herpes and punching, good icebreaker topics.
    So quick poll, what is everyone’s fave STD??
    LOL. Elle, I’m surprised they didn’t censor you out on that word too.
    that’s hilarious with those little asterisks following you around, making you mind your ps and q’s.

Expecting a great time, I had my boss breathing down my neck today (figuratively) and just kept thinking, Matt…hang in there till vacation, this will all be a memory. haha.
    I’ve been texting Mike this week about the new people on here, glad the birthday boy logged in.

I was out with friends last night and met a random Contiki alum out of the blue, she said she had a blast on one of the Australian tours.
    She mentioned that the job assignment on Real World Sydney involved some work for contiki.
    Well, I don’t watch that chit so i’ll take her word for it.

~Matt

censorship test: cocky, titmouse, Dick Van****

• 25 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

Hhahaha. Your sensorship test made me laugh Matt. Particularly the one that actually got sensored… haha. GOLD.

I too am well and truly ready to depart reality and sink into freezing cold holiday mode.
    I might even knit myself a new woolen scarf – yes i am THAT cool…
    Perhaps i could knit team scarves! hahaha.. .no El.

Hope you have been texting NICE things to Mike about all the new ppl on here Matt… Can we call you M&M? hahaha… i think i need sleep… shhh el.

It is hot and muggy in melb. Not too nice.
    Hope y’all are well.

PS> Well done on the aussie slang Mike, u’ll b a pro in no time!

Default_avatar

Cant believe i just spelled censorship wrongly – i am about to become an English teacher… ** * * *

• 25 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Hey mates – (my lousy attempt at blending in with the Aussies and their slang!)

So, a lot of talk about herpes and STDs lately on this forum. I mean, if we all practice safe sex during our trip, there will be nothing to worry about. Geez, no pun intended, but where is everyone’s head at? Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Okay all kidding aside, yes we want no punching and no std’s, for sure! On to bigger and better things now…

Elaine – great to finally meet you, one third of the only trio on our tour that we know about thus far. Happy to have you guys on board with the forum!

Yea I have to agree with you, our forum is definitely a lot of fun, with great people. We are all going to have fun times – saddle up baby!

The censorship was pretty funny in some of the previous messages. I did get a kick out of that. Keep up the naughty words guys – job security for the webmasters who are keeping this a “clean” forum!

Ringleader Elle, what’s up my girl? I see you’re getting antsy to know what everyone looks like. We will all know soon enough Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> And yes, I know, everyone has told me I need to get facebook, but I have yet to sign up. I’ll keep you on your toes, but after two weeks of touring Europe with me, you will have probably have had your fill, and renege on the stalking idea Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Also, when are you coming to NY, where are you staying, and for how long will you be here? I’m from NY. Maybe we could meet up pre-trip. That’d be pretty cool.

Rock on, mates! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

So i know i just said it is hot and muggy here in Melb – now there is thunder and lightening and rain!!
    I am hoping that the power will go out. Not so i can cease procrastinating on this delightful forum, but so i can leave work.

Yeh i am antsy to see what ppl look like – mostly because i wish it was time to meet everyone now! Its so far away!

I am in NY only for a weekend… um… the 18-20th Dec? Will it be freezing? Will i freeze my ***s off? haha. I inserted those stars myself… I am not prepared for the cold i dont think.

I do however have some VERY sexy thermals. Ankle to wrist they are. HOT STUFF. If you are lucky you will never see them. They are simply too attractive.

How do M&M know each other? do you live in diff cities?

• 25 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Hey, I told you not to censor your own words, you’re taking away their jobs!

It should be fairly cold here by December, as it will be winter by the 21st. I’d bring the sexy thermals just in case. Seems you’re not big on the cold weather. And maybe if we’re all lucky, we will get to see those sexy thermals haha!

Matt and I met and became friends through my sister. He was a roommate of hers and some of her friends. I used to see him when I’d go up to Boston to visit. Then I moved up there and lived there for a year and a half and we became even closer. Then I left to come home to NY and he left to go back to Oregon, but we of course stayed “mates” Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m off to work guys. Catch up with you all tomorrow.

- Mike

• 25 Nov 2009 Katie.D said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!

My name is Katie and myself and three of my friends (Jill, Claudia & Laura) are booked to go on this contiki in January. We are all 19 and from Brisbane, Australia.

I have recently come across this forum and it no doubt looks like we have an AWESOME group of people travelling with us. I cannot wait! You all sound like great fun and keen to have the best time! It has gotten me sooo excited!

All four of us have travelled overseas before so its not our first time, but our first time on contiki. so it will be a new experience. We are overseas for a month in total and are spending New Years in Paris before the tour and staying in London & Ireland afterwards. So its going to be the BEST trip.

Well im off to tell the girls about this forum and hopefully they will jump on here and introduce themselves before we leave.

Not long now…Counting down the days Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Katie
    xx

• 26 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

Welcome Katie and Co!
    Still all getting to be very excited.
    All you ppl out there with facey (not our American boys who arent quite up with the technology Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> ) should add me too. Putting faces to names and convos is fun.
    drako119@hotmail.com

So i did a geeky thing and did a tally of all the groups and solo flyers. Ali and i are the only Solos! Also, there are so far 22 of us on here. So thats cool. Wonder how many more will sign on before we go…

Everyone shoudl tell me what they are doing in terms of waterproof jackets. Are we going true tourist style? or just taking a brolly?

Peace Out. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Evening all -

Hope this message finds you all in good spirits and eagerly awaiting the arrival of January 6th 2010!

Katie, Jill, Claudia, and Laura – welcome to you all! More Aussies, just what we need for some variety haha. It is so good to hear from new people. This is a great forum, as we’re having a blast already and we have yet to even begin the trip. That’s how I know we all will rock together!

Waterproof jackets elle? I was more concerned about shoes! I have some time still to figure it all out.

Anybody else logged on? Chat it up!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion