Community_discussions_small  

Question

January 6th-18th 2010 - Anyone??

31 May 2009 Elle-D asked

Default_avatar
Hey guys! Anyone going on this Contiki? I'm going by myself and am a bit nervous - ok a lot nervous!! Would be great to get an idea of who's going to be nervous with me!

Drop a line and say hello!

Cheers,

El Cool
  • 26 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

MMM shoes ey… Im just gonna wear boots and waterproof them…

But the jacket/coat situation – now that is an issue.

Id prefer if it was just cold. Not wet AND cold.

And yes! Our little forum is a rockin’ good time. So no doubt our little trip will be as well!

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Well at least someone is here with me. Who better than the ringleader! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

What’s up elle? What’s doin?

And it won’t be wet all the time I’m sure. Hopefully the weather cooperates with us!

Default_avatar

Hahah… ringleader… interesting.
    Im sure everyone else in here will be delighted to read our little “im bored” chat. haha

i am at work at the mo. Bout ready to sleep. Very boring. Just had a cup of hot milo like a nanna.

I have a weekend of work and thanksgiving ahead of me. i have some american mates and they are forcing me to eat turkey and pumpkin pie with them on sunday.

what are u up to my new forum friend? did u have a nice thanksgiving?

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Oh cool. Yes I did thank you. It was wonderful. Glad I didnt have to work. Last year I worked EVERY holiday. Sucks!! I wasn’t going to mention it because I wasn’t sure if you Aussies knew about Thanksgiving. It’s a great holiday indeed! Food, drink, family, and friends. What else shall anyone want for? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

and we are not bored lol. I’m doing fine. Just had a beer and a glass of wine. Relaxing right now. Sorry you are at work. Jan 6th, right around the bend baby!

Default_avatar

Yes i know. its so close. I actually have quit all my jobs (very liberating!) and finish up on the 4th (next fri). I then fly out of Aus on the 15th dec – so i only 18 sleeps! (who’s counting?!) very ****ing excited. Stars and all.

I wonder if we swear TOO much on here, and they have to use up too many little stars on us, if they can ban us from the forum? That WOULD be sad..

Yes we all know OF thanksgiving – probably from TV shows haha. But wat exactly is is in celebration of? I had this discussion this morning… about the turkey… do u still eat turkey at xmas?

Hmmm i could go a beer now.. noone would notice at work ey?… hmmmm

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

all your jobs? Geez girl, what are you tryin to retire before 30 lol?

that’s great…using up too many stars on us hahaha. JUST F**KING GREAT!!!

Yea I think we will have turkey again on Christmas, but that’s a religious holiday. Thanksgiving is kind of just giving thanks for all we are blessed with. It’s very nice.

• 26 Nov 2009 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Forgive my naievity but what exactly is thanksgiving? What does it celebrate?

About the waterproof jacket situation… i have a gay bright blue one which i wore when trekking mountains in malaysia, but i dont think i would wear it around london/europe. Maybe we can just buy one over there?

I want to see snow! And make snow angels and snow men!

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Hey Lauren,

Long time no speak. Welcome to the funhouse lol. No worries about your lack of understanding of Thanksgiving!

Here check this link out for a little Thanksgiving explanation:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25419

Yes – whatever we need I’m sure we can buy there. Hell, we’re on vaca…no worries, no problems, right mates?!

Yea snow is great, as long as you don’t have to drive in it!! Snow men and snow angels…good stuff…and of course snow balls! hehe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

MEEEE TOOOO! Snow angels yes!!!
    Wow i didnt even think of that. I was too busy whingeing bout beign cold. haha

someone was talking about Obama blessing the turkey this morn – i thought that was a little odd.. poor turkeys… So is there like a turkey shortage in America then? Seeing as you all have to have TWO!?

and yes, the more accidental “i -readdly-need-a-XXX” shopping trips we have, the better!

Yes too many jobs. Very happy to be leaving them (all three!)

Default_avatar

Oh and thanks for the education on Thanksgiving. You’re right, it is kinda nice. i like it. I will now eat more turey and pumpin pie on sunday than i otherwise would have. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Also, as i will be missing xmas, it will be nice to get some bird in anyway!
    hahah

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Obama is a damn terrorist I think lol. forget him!

Amen to that. Leave your jobs and cares behind. Good times await, my friend, err….mate Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

anytime. I hope it helped!

so we gonna link up when you come to NY?

Default_avatar

errrm unsure about that Obama comment! But OK!
    haha. Um yes well we sure can!
    I am going with a mate and she has grand plans. But im sure you can come show us the sights!
    As i said, im there 18-20th.
    Im pretty pumped. It will be pretty and white then yes?

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Sorry about that. No more Obama or any other political comments for that matter!

Well it was just an idea. But if your friend has good plans for you, I certainly don’t want to interrupt. You will have to deal with me for two weeks in January, so we don’t want to burn you out just yet haha!! If you’re lucky you will see some snow. Hard to say. Pretty though? Absolutely, as everything will be decorated for Christmas!! Where are you going to be? Manhattan?

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Elle dont get me wrong…I love your company, but where the hell is the rest of our let’s tour Europe crew?

Default_avatar

hahah no probs.
    So i just sussed out a whole lot of other forums. They all suck arse. big time. Ours is by far the most awesome.

I like that its so close tot he top. makes it even more awesome.

Um no meeting up would be cool! Then we’ll be old chums by the time the trip rocks around. And as im a solo i need chums! haha.
    I dunno what my phone number will be when i get there tho… so email perhaps?

Where will i be for xmas? England.. im only in the US from the 15th till the… um… 22nd? so yeh. then Just out of London for xmas with the same mate i’ll b in US with. Her fam lives there.

when do u guys get to London pre tour?
    Im there like two days before and will be on my lonesome. I plan on visiting the queen.

Default_avatar

Ps. Really glad suck and arse arent swear words.

Default_avatar

PPS> Perhaps they have lives?

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

ahhh elle d, u kill me! (are u lovin my rhyming? lolol) Cant wait to meet you!

Yea our forum definitely kicks ass! It’s great that it’s on top!

So, no, I meant where in NY will you be when you come here? Yea we will definitely be old chums by the time the tour comes. Either that or we will hate each other haha, but I doubt that! So, yea, shoot me an email: mjr0110@yahoo.com. I probably will have to work, but I’m sure we can arrange something.

Matt and I will be in London early Jan. 6th, so we have only about a day there, but we will hang with you Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> We wanted to come a day or two early as well, but it wasn’t really working out with the flights and what not, so we settled for the 6th.

Yes, the webmasters are out on Thanksgiving holiday lolol. Curse your ass off!

• 26 Nov 2009 lil_jolly13 said

lil_jolly13

hahaha elle when you said “i -really-need-a-XXX” i had to check why you didn’t add another X and more importantly why they were X’s instead of *’s but then i realised.. Janelle get your mind out of the gutter!! she’s talking about shopping!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.