Community_discussions_small  

Question

January 6th-18th 2010 - Anyone??

31 May 2009 Elle-D asked

Default_avatar
Hey guys! Anyone going on this Contiki? I'm going by myself and am a bit nervous - ok a lot nervous!! Would be great to get an idea of who's going to be nervous with me!

Drop a line and say hello!

Cheers,

El Cool
  • 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Janelle – what’s up? Glad u could join the fun. And you are bad bad bad lol. Where is your head at?? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Nov 2009 Elle-D said

Default_avatar

hahah, yes i too look fwd to our meeting.
    I have absolutely no idea where in NY i am going. Catchin a bus from Boston and staying… oh wait! i knwo where i’m staying! i will check that…

"on the 9th Ave between 41nd and 42nd Str

Default_avatar

hahah, yes i too look fwd to our meeting.
    I have absolutely no idea where in NY i am going. Catchin a bus from Boston and staying… oh wait! i knwo where i’m staying! i will check that…

“on the 9th Ave between 41nd and 42nd Street”

that is all i know. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

for sure i’ll drop u a line – no-one else prob cares about our little chat anyway. Their poor email inboxes will be overloaded… Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

um doesnt our tour leave on the 6th?
    do u mean u get ther on the 5th?

Default_avatar

hahaha janelle. Maybe that is what i meant. We will never know…

• 26 Nov 2009 lil_jolly13 said

lil_jolly13

hey mike Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> im eating ice cream!! and yes im bad bad bad….always been that way it seems…if the right moment arises i will always make an ever-so-slightly-innapropriate comment.. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> very cheeky! be careful people!! and don’t take offence to me Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i joke around ALOT!

lil_jolly13

Hi Katie,Jill, Claudia & Laura,

More aussie girls!! this is going to feel like a high school excursion…except with drinking.. oh wait… that was highschool lol

So pumped!

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

No, I think the tour begins on the 6th with our evening meeting, but we actually depart London on the 7th. You can check the itinerary on the website, but I believe that’s how it goes. I could be wrong though. We have to look into that. Also, it ends on the 19th, not the 18th, so you should change our forum header Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> Come on ringleader, get it together or you’re fired lol!

Okay, so you will be in Manhattan. Yes, nobody cares for our chats lol. So I guess you can touch base when you get here. Send me an email and then you can give me a phone number where you can be reached and I will call you. We will work it all out.

And Elle, where is your head at?? lol are you turning dirty on us haha?? Contiki censorship folks: more censorship needed lolol

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

it’s okay Janelle….we are all a lil naughty in our own ways haha. you can’t get into too much trouble though, as you are engaged lol. and I’m a clown too, so we can keep the jokes rolling!

ice cream….mmmm, great stuff!

yea all these aussies….damn, matt and I are like fish out of water

lil_jolly13

hey mike if those are your dates i think your on the wrong tour, im abour 150% sure that the pre-tour meeting is on the 5th, tour departs 6th and arrives back on the 17th at night.

lil_jolly13

Sam and i have been friends since we were like 11 so we act like idiots around each other….lol hes used to me being like this… he’s just like “meh whatever” and laughs

he says Hi btw, hes at work in this horrible hot sticky weather. He is a tradie, carpenter, well framer, builds houses for companies like henley and carlisle..for you victorians that care to know Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> so he’s incredibly brown at the moment and has a lovely sock tan Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Gotta love melbourne with four seasons in one day Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar
    • this sucks. how do we tell if it’s the same tour or not?? I have no idea. You might be right, they could be different. That would suck after all this Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

lil_jolly13

hahah woops, have to wait til we get our documents i spose…and see if you have the same details as us lol Good Luck!!!

Default_avatar

um well there arent any tours that leave on the 7th. there is one on the 6th and one on the 8th…
    and just cos we have further to fly doenst change the calendar…

lil_jolly13

i was thinking that too hahaha

• 26 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Wow, this is crazy. I think the forum header was misleading. Your tour, according to the contiki website, is the 4th through the 17th, and Matt and my tour is the 6th through the 19th. Contiki considers the day you depart your homeland for London, the actual first day of the tour. So, in that case, your day of departure would be the 4th, while the tour actually doesn’t begin until the 6th. Our departure is the 6th, but tour doesnt actually begin until the 8th. So, it seems that our tour actually trails yours by a day or two. Does that make sense?

Is everyone positive which tour they are supposed to be on lol? I think this forum header may have mislead some others possibly too.

• 26 Nov 2009 Matt R said

Default_avatar

Noooo ******* way, you can’t take me away from my * ** peeps!
    How the **** did this happen?
    LOL.
    Mike, are we really on a different island now?
    I’ll give each of you 3 coconuts and a fish if you join our clan.
    Damn, that’s too bad.
    No problem, it’s easy to get confused with so many tours whipping through.
    Contiki really should break it down by a certain tour number or something like that.
    (They name individual hurricanes, why not tours?!)
    How about Discovery-Bruce since it’s the 2nd tour of the year?
    oh well.
    Mike, I’ll start a new forum but I definitely want to keep reading/exchanging on this one too.
    Hey Lauren, today is pretty much America’s 2nd favorite holiday (that or July 4th).
    It’s a four-day weekend for most of us.
    Surprisingly pretty routine for most families:

1. Read the 2" thick newspaper, it’s chock full of sales ad for 6am Friday morning sales.
    2. Watch the Macy’s New York parade on tv
    3. Watch NFL football with some drinks
    4. Go to a family member’s house and eat turkey, potatoes, rolls, etc.
    5. Have pumpkin pie.

good night,
    matt

• 26 Nov 2009 cookie23 said

cookie23

hi all i really need to take time off work just so i can keep up with this forum.
    Get off the forum janelle and do you ****ing esay, i love this swearing thing lol
    Hi to all the newest arrivals good to see more skips on the tour but Matt and Mike i really hope your on the same tour as us or it will be like 5000 to 1 ratio of girls
    anyway going for dinner catch!

• 26 Nov 2009 cookie23 said

cookie23

ps dont worry about rain coats just wear swim suits and thongs she’ll be right, sock tan and all lol THANKS JANELLE. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Nov 2009 Explorer1158755 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! My name’s Taylor, and I just booked this tour yesterday, I was so excited to see that there was already a forum for it! I’m going to be traveling solo as well, so its cool to see that everyone on here looks so niceSmiler<!--graemlin::)--> Umm, so I’m 22, from California, I work as a waitress/bartender at a wine bar, and I am beyond stoked for this trip! Can’t wait to meet all of you

• 28 Nov 2009 Mike said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone,

Hope all is well. So bummed out that Matt and I are not going to be traveling with you guys after all Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

We will be trailing your tour by a day or two I think. What a shame. Maybe somehow we will all meet up. Wouldn’t that be sweet?!

And elle, you have my email, so definitely drop me a line when you come to NY. Hopefully we can still meet up if you would like!

Best wishes for a happy, healthy, and most memorable trip to all.

Regards,
    Mike

P.S. I hope some more people join the new forum (or at least will be joining us on the tour!) Matt created for our trip. I’d hate for it to be just him and I staring at each other for two weeks in Europe!!!

Later mates

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.