Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Comment

Over Booked Tour

8 Sep 2006 Noodles10 said

Default_avatar
I have just found out that my trip was so popular they have put a second bus on, and now they have to change to itinery. has this happened to anyone else?
  • Read the responses 6 responses so far
  • 8 Sep 2006 Noodles10 said

Default_avatar

No, euro encounter, leaving jan 2. I wish I was leaving 27th of sept!

• 10 Sep 2006 PinaI said

PinaI

Wow, I’ve never heard of this happening before.

Are these tours ‘guaranteed departures’? Maybe everyone is booking on a guaranteed departure date now to avoid the trip being cancelled, hence the need for two buses?

• 11 Sep 2006 Noodles10 said

Default_avatar

That would make sense, however mine wasnt a guarenteed departure. I guess it might remain a mystery!

• 11 Sep 2006 Mimo said

Default_avatar

My tour wasn’t over booked, it was UNDER booked and was cancelled! I’m going a week earlier now but, thankfully I had insurance and my travel agent got Contiki to pay for the extra airfare because it was about $50 more to go a week earlier.

• 11 Sep 2006 Sowler said

Default_avatar

My first tour had two buses and I didn’t even find out until I got there (it was a few years ago now)…just make sure you have your itinerary with you…..i was 10 minutes late for the bus in Florence and they left on me and another traveller…….if I didn’t have the info in my bag I don’t know what I would have done!!! The 2nd bus wasn’t a big deal at all…if they didn’t tell you, you wouldn’t have known!

• 11 Sep 2006 Nursingchik said

Default_avatar

My tour isn’t a gauranteed departure yet, but then, its not til February. I’m still freaking out that it will be cancelled though. I really hope not!!

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions