Community_discussions_small  

Question

Kiwiana Panorama (AKL - CCH) 5 - 21 December 2013?

30 May 2013 Timtam asked

Timtam

Hey guys, anybody else booked or planning for this trip?

It will be great to get in touch before the trip. Looking forward to a great adventure!

• 11 Jul 2013 Caitlin.88 said

Caitlin.88

I actually just booked my place on this trip today! Can’t wait for December to roll around! My name’s Caitlin and I’m from Adelaide, South Australia. Now you’ll know at least one person on the trip :)

So looking forward to bungy jumping, white water rafting and all the rest! Is this your first contiki?

• 12 Jul 2013 Timtam said

Timtam

Awesome! Hi Caitlin, I am Tanmay and I am from Auckland, NZ. Yes, this will be my first Contiki so I am pretty stoked and hoping it will be a mint trip!

It will be a great adventure from what I have heard from my friends who have done contiki in Europe and Asia Pacific. For me personally it will be a different experience as I have generally traveled in smaller groups in the past.

How about you? Is this your first Contiki as well?

• 12 Jul 2013 Caitlin.88 said

Caitlin.88

Hi Tanmay! Great to meet you! Yep this is my first contiki too and first trip without friends/family so it’ll be pretty new for me too…exciting though :)

My sister went on this same trip 5 years ago and she loved it so I thought I’d make it an end of uni celebration/my 25th birthday adventure. I figured what better way to spend it!

So what made you decide to do NZ contiki over Europe or Asia?

• 6 Nov 2013 naomi_w90 said

naomi_w90

Hey guys,
    I’m doing the Kiwiana Panorma Auckland to Queenstown, so I’m pretty sure I’ll be traveling with you until then, or at least I’m hoping so haha no one else has joined my meet up and I’m a solo traveler!

• 6 Nov 2013 Timtam said

Timtam

Hey there Naomi! It is great that we have one more person we know before going :)

Me and Caitlin are solo travelers as well and were just discussing last week about why people are not joining the meetups because it is just me and her in our meetup as well.

I reckon you will be part of the same tour as its just that we are doing extra 3-4 days for the Christchurch loop!

I assume it is your first contiki as well aye?

• 6 Nov 2013 naomi_w90 said

naomi_w90

Yeah I was starting to get worried I was the only one going hah! so I’m glad I stumbled across this!

Yeah I was comparing them and they are exactly the same up until Queenstown :)

Yep first Contiki and first time even leaving my home state! I’m 23 and a little bit shy at first but I open up easily :)

• 7 Nov 2013 Timtam said

Timtam

Oh that is great! It is always good to get out of your comfort zone and experience new things while travelling. It teaches you a lot about yourself :) Looking forward to our trip! about 3 more weeks, so stoked!

• 8 Nov 2013 naomi_w90 said

naomi_w90

Yeah I’m really looking forward to it! I get into Auckland the day before and staying at the Mercure, very excited!

• 22 Nov 2013 Tenille said

Tenille

Hey guys, iIm also going on this trip with my boyfriend. It will be our first trip too. So Excited! I have friends who have done it and the say its the best thing they have ever done :)

• 23 Nov 2013 Caitlin.88 said

Caitlin.88

Awesome to meet you girls! Only 11 days to go now :D

• 26 Nov 2013 Eric said

Eric

I definitely didn’t see this conversation before. Good to see some people on here! Some of you I’ve already talked to through messages. I’m Eric, and I’m from Victoria, BC Canada.

I’m travelling by myself, and doing the 16 day trip off to Christchurch. Should be a great time! Looking forward to everything they have lined up for us as well as some of the extra’s that they recommend.

Getting very excited and it will be great to travel with a whole bunch of new faces :)

• 4 Dec 2013 Morgan said

Morgan

Hi Guys,
    I’ve just arrived at the Mecure Hotel in Auckland. I’m travelling by myself as well and am so excited! Just wondering if anyone knew if we get to meet up tonight for a pre- tour meeting, or just at 8 tomorrow morning?

Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

• 4 Dec 2013 naomi_w90 said

naomi_w90

Hey Morgan, I thought we had one at 6:30, but I’m not sure where?

• 4 Dec 2013 Morgan said

Morgan

That’s what I thought as well, but the lady at reception just said to meet at 8am.. I assume it would be at the lobby if there was one?

• 4 Dec 2013 naomi_w90 said

naomi_w90

Yeah they just left! Me and a couple of other girls might be grabbing some dinner soon though if you’d like to come?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion