Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Weather in July/August

1 Nov 2009 Ginette said

Default_avatar
I will be doing the Beaches and Reefs tour starting July 24th and was wondering what weather is like at that time as i am aware that this is winter in Australia. I am planning on doing a lot of the more adventurous options such as scuba diving, surfing, sky diving, hot air balloon. I was also thinking of doing the 2 day Whitsunday sail. Will i be able to do these things in the winter weather or would it be too cold? Does it rain alot?
  • 29 Dec 2011 Karen said

Karen

Hi, I have the same question you did. I just booked Reefs and Rainforests with Whitsundays sailing starting in Sydney. I leave July 5. What kind of weather did you experience?

• 29 Dec 2011 Sharna said

Default_avatar

weather isnt really that cold…… especailly here in QLD…. nights are usualy around 13-16 degrees and days can be from 25-30 degrees…… as for rain it is QLD you’re coming to and we are hard to predict when people tell you that it could be sunny one minute and pouring rain the next theyre not joking!!! we dont usually have wet winters…. but be prepared for some rain!!!

• 29 Dec 2011 Karen said

Karen

Thanks Sharna!

• 6 Jan 2012 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

I know Sydney can get really cold in Winter. Esspecially if you go to the blue mountains. Winter isn’t usually our rainy season but weather this year has been unpredictable. QLD is really warm during the day MOST of the time.. It can still get really cold at night and in the mornings though.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.