Community_discussions_small  

Question

CHINA THAILAND AND VIETNAM

2 Jun 2013 SHAUNA asked

SHAUNA

I am planning on taking a trip end of 2014 or beginning 2015. What would you all recommend, either China Adventure and Thailand or Vietnam and Thailand. Also either Thailand East or West. If anyone has any advise on how much spending money I should bring to each of these countries. If I had enough time away from work I would do all of them.

• 31 Jul 2013 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

• 17 Aug 2013 Mo said

Mo

Hi Shauna. Shoooo you planning far hey. 2015? Ive only been to thailand. i did the thailand east tour and went to the west (phuket, phi phi island) by myself and i must say the east was the best for me. especially Koi Sumui. soooo nice!!! if you take abount R15000 you should be MORE than fine hey. i took a bit more but didnt spend everything. just watch out for people always wanting tips for everything, aggg, a bit annoying. I dont mind tipping for service but after i bought cigarettes the lady asked for a tip for her handing me the cigarettes that i just bought. other than that you gonna have a great time. its just very hot and humid.I want to do vietnam is april 2014. wish i could go now but i have zero leave from work :(hope you find a good trip

• 20 Aug 2013 AdamA said

AdamA

Hi Shauna, The only thing i would keep in mind is that China get very cold in winter. I spend 4 weeks in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, and Nanjing) from January 3rd to the 24th in 2010. It was amazing to do all the musts like walk the great wall and see the terra cotta warriors but at the same time, one of the things i will never forget is how cold it was! On the plus side, because of the weather, almost all the attractions were empty. I have stunning photos of the great wall with out one single person in them, which in summer time is essentially impossible. If you are not a cold weather person i would chose Thailand in a hear beat, i loved Bangkok and Ko Phi Phi. Hope that helps!

• 13 Sep 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

I have never been to Thailand so can’t help you out sorry but can’t speak highly enough of Vietnam.It’s a great little place to visit,The food and the sightseeing is the best and it’s not that expensive if you budget it right.What prompted my interest in going back in 2009 on my first visit was that I studied about Vietnam as part of Asian History in the Nineties and thought to myself why not take what the teacher taught me all those years ago and see it in person for real.I did exactly that and had a great time.I am going back again this year but with Geckos(The Consultant was very reluctant as I was a 35 going on 36 year old at the end of this year to actually book me on a Contiki Tour and I was told by another agent I would be forced for age related reasons to have to book my own room I couldn’t justify even with the past passenger discounts the extra dollars over Geckos).

• 18 Oct 2013 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

Thanks for the replies… Ive decided to do the China Adventure and the Thai Island hopper East. Ive want to save for 100 USD a day for China and around 40 to 50 USD a days in Thailand would you all think that is enough. I like to shop so I want to save accordingly……..

• 18 Oct 2013 Mo said

Mo

well 40 dollars will give u about 1200 baht for thailand a day. Which isn’t bad. Its a bit tight depending. I like to spend as I wish while on holiday. Drinks are about 150 baht. And then a mean is like 120 to 300 baht. And clothes are like 200 upwards. And u must also remember to budget for activities which cos about 4000to 6000 baht. But u gonna totallly enjoy thailand. Have fun

• 24 Oct 2013 SHAUNA said

SHAUNA

Does anyone have he current list of hotels used for the China Adventure and the Thailand East Tour

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion