Community_discussions_small  

Question

Lithium battery camera??

5 Nov 2009 Lansy7 asked

Default_avatar
Just wondering if it is a pain to charge your lithium camera battery while on tour? Are there many opportunities to do this? Alternatively I'm looking to buy a camera that takes just normal batteries, so if they run out I can buy them regardless of where I am. Thoughts...?
  • 6 Nov 2009 Rezuri said

Default_avatar

The cameras that come with their own rechargeable battery are only good if you know you can get back to a power source before the charge runs out. Depending on how many pictures/video you take, lithium batteries can last days or only hours.

For that reason I suggest a camera that takes AA batteries. You can buy Energizer Lithium (non-rechargeable) for those types of cameras, and you’ll get a longer charge than you would with regular Alkaline batteries.

Or…. y’know, take BOTH kinds of cameras. I did that on my last tour, lol. I used the camera with the rechargeable battery, and then had the one with AA batteries as back-up if the other one died. I had time to charge my camera in the evenings, but that was about it. You just kind of have to plan around it.

• 8 Nov 2009 Lansy7 said

Default_avatar

Thanks Rezuri. That’s what I was thinking, but didn’t know if I was worrying unecessarily. But I figure if you have no camera, you’re stuffed!

• 8 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

My camera takes a rechargeable battery but i plan on taking two batteries, one as a back up and use it if the other runs out, i dont think they are that expensive so maybe this could be an option for you?

• 8 Nov 2009 lizzie said

lizzie

Hi I have a rechargeable battery camera and I work at a mini lab place and I simply bought a spare battery, well actually I have 2 spares but you can by a spare battery most retail between $50-70 which is cheaper than buying a decent AA operated camera (10mp and 3 oz in a fuji brand $98) and the u have to keep buying batteries. Instead get a spare and make sure its charged then if u run out u have the spare battery to use.

• 8 Nov 2009 Lansy7 said

Default_avatar

Hmm…thanks guys…this too is a very good option. You’re right, saves me buying a whole other camera!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion