Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Explorer Jan 8 2010.

5 Nov 2009 Mark said

Default_avatar
G'day.
Who's going on the Grand Explorer, Jan 2010. I'm Mark going solo.

Cheers.
  • 8 Nov 2009 SJ said

Default_avatar

Hey I`m Susanne from Brazil!!!

• 8 Nov 2009 Monty27 said

Monty27

hey i’m monty from sydney, doing the tour solo, been on one before in europe with a mate and looking forward to doing another,
    cheers

• 8 Nov 2009 Mark said

Default_avatar

Awesome, i did european highlights last year solo too was awesome as, do you guys have facebook or anything.

• 2 Dec 2009 Monty27 said

Monty27

Hey guys,
    one of the optional extras i was really looking forward to doing in Queenstown has been taken off the contiki website, its called mad dog river boarding and essentially its going down rapids on a body board with a helmet and flippers, have a mate whose done it and he said it was awesome

I’m still gonna go and do it so if anyone else is interested let me know, costs about $139NZD

here is the website if u wanna check it out http://www.riverboarding.co.nz/

cheers,

Monty

• 5 Dec 2009 Mark said

Default_avatar

G’day.
    Spewin about the river boarding, have Contiki completely got rid of it or just from the website i was keen as to do it, if they have i may still do it. i want to skydive and do all three bunjy’s in Queenstown too.

I wonder who else is going on this tour, have you guys heard of anyone else?

Cheers,
    Mark.

• 9 Dec 2009 Matt777 said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m Matt and I’m pretty sure I’m on the same tour (going solo). I’m 18 but I’ll be 19 on the tour and I’m from Perth. My friend did that mad dog thing as well and said it was one of the best optional activities so i hope we can still do it.
    Yeah i have facebook, add me! email address is probs easiest way – matt-dewar@hotmail.com!
    see you all soon!

• 22 Dec 2009 Kim26 said

Kim26

Hi Everyone!!
    I am doing this tour wooo! Only 2 weeks left!
    I’m Kim from Sydney and am travelling solo!

• 27 Dec 2009 Andie said

Default_avatar

Hi all, My name’s Andrea (andie) and my boyfriend Darren and I are going on this tour aswell Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> havent done a contiki tour before but really looking forward to it Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> see you all in a couple of weeks!

• 27 Dec 2009 ozziebabe88 said

ozziebabe88

Hey my name’s Amy, also travelling solo. Are you all leaving from Christchurch too on the 8th?
    I was really looking forward to the river boarding too so if we have to find our own way there im in too!

• 29 Dec 2009 Darren said

Default_avatar

Definately want to to the mad dog river thingo… its on the list of optional activities that we got with all our travel documents Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Jan 2010 Monty27 said

Monty27

Anyone up for getting a beer the night before the tour? I’m staying at the mercure hotel and i’m guessing a few others might be so we could meet there near reception at 7

• 3 Jan 2010 Mark said

Default_avatar

G’day Dude.
    Def up for beers, hopefully they have Pure Blonde. Does anyone wanna meet up on the 6th same place same time and then we can do something in Auckland the next day, im traveling solo so not 100% keen on being a loner in Auckland.
    Give me a yell.
    Cheers, Mark.

• 3 Jan 2010 ozziebabe88 said

ozziebabe88

Anyone starting from Christchurch same day?

• 4 Jan 2010 Andie said

Default_avatar

Hi Ozzie Babe, my boyfriend and i are leaving from christchurch on the 8th, we are staying at the night at the bealeys (the hotel we meet at in the morning) but our flight doesnt get in til midnight Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> will see yu Friday morning

Andrea (andie0 Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Jan 2010 Explorer1163327 said

Default_avatar

Hi all, My name is Andrew and i’ll be on this tour with my girlfriend Katrina. It’s my first time overseas but it’ll be her third. I’ll deffinately be doing the river boarding. See you all there.

• 4 Jan 2010 Explorer1163327 said

Default_avatar

Oh and I’m also starting in Christchurch going in reverse.
    Cheers Jax

• 4 Jan 2010 ozziebabe88 said

ozziebabe88

Thanks for you replies Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> see you all either Thursday night or Friday morning, look forward to it!

• 4 Jan 2010 Stacey said

Default_avatar

Hi I am leaving from Christchurch on the 8th i get to NZ on the 7th (arvo) meeting up with friends then i will be heading to Bealeys where i stay the night. If you want to catch up the night before that would be awesome Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Jan 2010 Calks said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m Carly from Chicago, and my flight unfortunately lands at 11:45 am on the 8th. Going to try and haul to the Mercure to catch the bus before you all depart, otherwise have to find alternative way to our next stop. Hoping for my sake that the check in process is an utter disaster and runs late. Cya on the other side!

• 5 Jan 2010 ozziebabe88 said

ozziebabe88

Hey Stacey,

I’m arriving Thursday arvo too and staying at beasleys. Yeh be cool to meet for a drink the night before. How many friends are you travelling with?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion