Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Berlin to Budapest - September 4, 2009. Woop woop!

21 May 2009 QuartInSession said

QuartInSession
Hello!

So I just booked this tour today and am already extremely excited. In fact, I might just explode with excitement before September even arrives.

I would love to correspond with anyone who's also on this tour so we can share in the anticipation. Smiler Also, it's not a definite or preferred departure, so I would like some reassurance that others have also booked, hence less of a chance it will be cancelled, hehe.

Hope to hear from you!
  • 10 Jun 2009 Tony said

Tony

I am going on the September 11th one, but I thought that I would say hello. May until now is a long time to wait with no one posting anything on here. Hopefully, things work out for you with your trip happening. Or, you might just end up on mine because it is preferred. Cheers!

• 11 Jun 2009 QuartInSession said

QuartInSession

Hey there!

Thanks for taking pity on my lonely little thread, hehe.

I would have gone with the same trip you did since it’s preferred, but I have to be back home from September 17-23 to dogsit for my parents, who are going to Vegas. So I guess if mine is cancelled, I’ll be going in October.

Where are ya from? What are you looking forward to the most on this trip? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Tara

• 11 Jun 2009 Tony said

Tony

I am from Pittsburgh. What am I most looking forward to? I don’t know. I didn’t read the description of the trip. I just looked at where it was going and signed up. Pretty bad eh? I really needed a vacation and trust Contiki to do a good job (This is from someone who just got back from his last trip May 30, mind you).

How about you tell me what you are looking forward to and I can spend some time reading up about this trip and then have an intelligent conversation about it!

I know September is a little more off-peak, but prefer it over August when it is still really crazy with people. Hopefully there are piles of other people who agree for both our tour’s sakes.

Tony

Ps. You are quite the nice daughter, watching your parents dogs instead of taking a vacation.

• 12 Jun 2009 QuartInSession said

QuartInSession

Hi Tony,

Big game for you tonight then! That is, if you watch hockey, but how could you not get up in a Game 7 for all the marbles. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I like the late summer/fall for touring too, or the early spring, for the same reason you do. I’ve been to Ireland, Scotland and France all off-peak and those trips were great. Which Contiki tours have you done before? This’ll be my first one…I’m used to doing all the booking and organizing myself, but my friends have done Contiki before and convinced me to let go and allow someone else to plan, hehe.

I’m most looking forward to the food! I have a list of stuff in each place, hehe. Currywurst in Berlin sounds great, and I’d really love to try some schnitzel in Vienna…along with strudel…mmmm…pastries. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Other than that, I mostly like mixing with locals…not sure how much time we’ll have to do that on this tour, but I love European nightlife so I’m hoping there are plenty of night owls on my tour, hehe.

• 12 Jun 2009 Tony said

Tony

I try to watch the end of the season stuff for sports. I am not much of a regular because I travel so much. We shall see what happens tonight.

The Contiki tours I have done in the past: Great Britain and Ireland, and Spanish Spree. I like doing these because 1) my friends are poor and refuse to ever go with me so, 2) I travel by myself and like being with a group. The other places I have been are Italy and Peru.

I would agree about looking forward to food. Spain was not exactly my cup of tea for food. I had more Italian after a while. Do you speak any languages of the places that we are visiting? I found that even though I spoke Spanish, when I was in the group, there wasn’t much chance to mix it up. You have enough time to get off on your own. Most people either shop or sit down and have long meals. I prefer to power sight see, so I just went off on my own. It would be nice to have other people with that mindset, so I have a mutual picture taker buddy.

There will be plenty of partiers, so no worries on that end.

Have a good weekend!

• 15 Jun 2009 Tony said

Tony

Oh, BTW,

I just created a group in facebook for 2009 departure dates. It is called:

Berlin to Budapest 2009

I am finding from my last tour that people seem to love facebook as the only way to stay in touch. I am not sure if you are into fb, but it is another mode of communication anyways….

• 15 Jun 2009 QuartInSession said

QuartInSession

Hi Tony,

Hope you had a good weekend. Beautiful weather up here.

So you’ve been to a nice mix of places – how did you like Ireland? It’s my favourite place…so far anyway. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I only speak French and English – no German or Czech or Magyar for me, hehe. After I booked my trip, though, I met a German who’s in my city for 6 months, so I’ve been learning some ‘menu’ words and other silly stuff, like the German word for freckles, hah.

I like to sightsee quite a bit too, not much of a shopper. I’ve been doing research into the types of things I want to see in each place so I can maximize my free time.

I’ll join your facebook group for sure Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Tara

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion