Community_discussions_small  

Question

Reefs & Rainforests (start Sydney) 6 October 2013?

7 Jun 2013 Jo asked

Jo

Hi, i'm doing this tour in October. I super excited but a little bit scared as i'll be travelling alone......anyone else doing the same tour? or any hints and tips from others that have done it will be gratefully received!! :-)

• 2 Jul 2013 rubics_cube said

rubics_cube

I am doing the tour beaches & reefs with sailing on the same date and think that we will travel together. Maybe you would like to write until the trip starts?

• 2 Jul 2013 Jo said

Jo

Hi,

Yes that would be lovely! :-) its a bit scary going on your own…..I didn’t book the Sailing, which I think I’m going to regret!

• 2 Jul 2013 beckle79 said

beckle79

Hi Jo
    Im booking the same trip as you this week, just not sure which date to book. where you flying from?

• 2 Jul 2013 Jo said

Jo

Hi,
    I’m flying from London Heathrow on 3rd October, with China Southern, never heard of them before but they were really cheap! :-)

beckle79

il be flying from Manchester. did you book your own flights or did Contiki do it for you? sorry im new to this lol

• 2 Jul 2013 Jo said

Jo

That’s okay, me too! I booked my own, with a little help from a friend :-)

beckle79

Have you booked a hotel when you get there? I’ve never done anything like this before but it’s exciting

• 2 Jul 2013 Jo said

Jo

No not yet, but I’ve just been chatting to a girl who’s also going on the same tour, she has booked the Holiday Inn at Sydney. Me neither, it’s exciting and a bit scary at the same time….can’t wait though. Are you also travelling alone?

beckle79

Yeah, I know il be fine when I get there, it would just be nice to travel with someone as its such a long way. I’m also thinking of getting an internal flight down to Melbourne from cairns and staying there for a few days.

• 2 Jul 2013 Jo said

Jo

Me too! :-) I’m there for 7 days once the tour ends, I was going to get the train down. I know, the flights going to be a killer….but it’ll be worth it once we’re there.

beckle79

I didn’t think about the train I just looked into multi trip flights. Sounds like we have the same plan lol. Are you going on your own to Melbourne?

• 2 Jul 2013 Jo said

Jo

Sure am hunny! :-)

beckle79

Great, I may just book on the same date as you then, it makes it slightly less daunting having chatted to someone. I’m just waiting on my boss letting me know if I can have 4 weeks holidays in one go, il be gutted if she says no

• 3 Jul 2013 Jo said

Jo

Don’t take no for an answer, you can always get a new job when you come back lol! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you though :-)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.