Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Budgets for the thrifty

23 May 2008 Explorer1100934 said

Default_avatar
Hey, I know this subject has been covered many times, but I was wondering if I was doing the European Horizons, 17 day trip, whether 1300 USD would be a realistic amount to bring. The site really pushes the 100 euro a day budget, but I'm allergic to the sulfites in alcohol, so I can't drink at all, and I'm not really big on expensive shopping. However, I would like to do whichever optionals I want and visit all the exhibits, etc. Another thing, does the tour price include entrance fees to the places it lists the tour is visiting, or is that extra as well? Thanks
  • 24 May 2008 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

Hey
    I can’t comment on the amount your taking but as far as entrance fees you have to pay them all yourself. Contiki pretty much just drops you there. Optional extras, extrance fees and local tansport are all up to you.

• 24 May 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar

I suppose the budget for food doesn’t include any alchy.. hehe

Vic, what is normally served for breakfast? (UE tour?) Is it buffet style?

• 26 May 2008 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

I’m on a budget too so I understand your dilemma but I’d say thats pretty close to the line…You might have to skip a few of the optionals and eat very cheap sometimes e.g. stock up at the supermakret for driving days etc…
    entrance fees tend to add p alot as well as those incidental things like tipping bathroom atendants, water, tipping your tm and driver etc…
    is there any way to get any more money together or maybe take a slightly shorter tour?

• 26 May 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cyphus:
    I suppose the budget for food doesn’t include any alchy.. hehe

Vic, what is normally served for breakfast? (UE tour?) Is it buffet style?

Breakfast will vary greatly. The two extremes I encountered were bags to go – since we had a to get to the Vatican (but this tour optional is no longer offered) all the way to the following at the Dorith Novotel in Germany:

Sometimes it’ll be cereal and toast … or croissants and coffee or orange juice. Other times, you may see a warm buffet … and all points in between.

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.