Community_discussions_small  

Question

Flooding in Queensland?... hmmm

4 Feb 2009 Kiki009 asked

Kiki009
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had information or advice on going to Australia anytime within the next six months with this whole flood going on in Northern Queensland. I put some money down for Sunshine Trail (reverse) June 6th, but I don't wanna tour underwater cities!

Thanks!
  • 5 Feb 2009 Explorer1081836 said

Default_avatar

North Queensland isn’t flooded at the moment!! and that usually happens in summer by winter there won’t be barely any rain so you’ll be fine Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> x

• 7 Feb 2009 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

North Qld is flooded at the moment(townsville).Infact as we speak 56% of qld is flooded.This is due to the summer wet season and ex tropical cyclone ellie.They expect waters to start going down soon and by soon as it’s winter you will fine!

• 8 Feb 2009 Jen Woo said

Jen Woo

so im traveling to cairns next week for the reefs and rainforests… i havent heard anything about trip changes though but im assuming we can’t trek through rainforests if it’s flooded…

does contiki alter their trips when this stuff happens?

• 10 Feb 2009 Can.Traveller said

Default_avatar

Yeah i’m leaving for a contiki trip in new zealand starting next week and then folowing that trip i’m doing the beaches and reefs trip up the coast in australia.

does anyone from contiki have any suggestions to help ease some fears that some of us have regarding the flooding and how it will affect our trips?! because if alternate plans need to be made i’d prefer to know in advance!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion