Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Questions about Euro Whirl and Who is going on European Whirl

6 Apr 2008 Explorer1095693 said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone,
The name is Grant and 20yrs old australian and very heavily considering doing the European Whirl tour in September when octoberfest is on in germany. My first question is , is the european whirl tour any good? Is there places still available for the euro whirl when octoberfest is on? Now I have never left the country and got a few questions about money exchange as well. Does all of europe go by euro's or does some countries still go by there local currancy. Now how do u go about exchanging money to there currancy? All reply's would be extremely helpful as all reply's would consider towards my final decision if I am to go to europe.
  • 29 Jan 2011 belinda11 said

belinda11

Hi Grant I’m Belinda, I’m 25 from Bendigo. I am booked for the European Whirl leaving September 19th, I’m so excited. My cousin went on the European whirl last year and loved it. She said is was very fasted paced and that all of the activities were lots of fun and she met fantastic people. I don’t think you could go to wrong being in Munich for Oktoberfest, will certainty be a highlight. I have heard that there are ATM’s everywhere where you can get money out at a good exchange rate as long as you get out enough money for a few days to save on fees.

• 8 Mar 2011 FITZY!! said

FITZY!!

Hi Grant, I did Euro Whirl last year in June-July it was AMAZING! So much so that I’m going to America this July!
    Ok. Euro Whirl was awesome. Some of the accommodation is a little cramped, Munich was particularly small and door locks difficult yet somewhat hilarious but it’s all apart of the backpacker experience :D Berlin’s accommodation was FANTASTIC!!!! The club life in Munich is great and Berlin was one of my favourite parts of the tour. Germany for Oktoberfest will be even better I can only imagine.

I took over a Commonwealth ‘Money Card’ Master Card. I did my research and found it had the lowest fees, because you upload the currency BEFORE you leave Australia. So you’re exchange rate won’t fluctuate during the trip (good if the market crashes for some reason). The first ‘upload’ is free and if you need to put more onto the card it’s a small fee. MasterCard is widely accepted over Europe so I found there wasn’t any problems withdrawing money. But plan ahead so you don’t have to make multiple transactions over the day. That card came with a back-up in case you lost it, can be cancelled or closed easily. You access the balance online.

Through all the countries you visit all but Prague & the Swiss Alps use Euros. Prague uses the Czech Crown- but the exchange is easy from Euros, just buy when you get there or use the ATM. Switzerland uses the Swiss Franc but most places will allow you to use Euros- but will give you change in Francs. Get some Francs out, don’t go crazy you’re not there for long. You’ll need pounds obviously for London, but on the ferry over to/back from Calais you can use Euros… they just give you change in pounds.

I really enjoyed this tour! You get to see the biggest and best parts of Europe, and are on the move every day seeing and doing heaps of thrilling stuff. I did nearly all the optionals for this tour and they are pretty good. White-Water Rafting was the best!!! So much fun. Make sure you allow for that, some in our group didn’t and ended up missing out.

Hit me up for any other question :D

OH!! And definitely take Aeroguard for Venice. They’re not kidding when they put it on you’re “What to Pack”

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.