Community_discussions_small  

Question

Flights from Australia to USA

10 Jun 2013 timmyg13 asked

timmyg13

Hi,

I'm looking at booking my tour to the USA shortly but I would just like to know if people would recommend having Contiki book my flights from Australia or book it myself. And which airlines would you reccomend flying with to and from Australia.

Thanks.

• 11 Jun 2013 luke_taylor1 said

luke_taylor1

Booking yourself is usually cheaper, as for airlines Qantas is probably the best as for cheaper air nz or air pacific are good, I’d avoid the airlines that fly via china as they are stupidly long flights.

• 11 Jun 2013 Stephey88 said

Stephey88

Search all options for flights I booked through my travel agent for mine however people on my contiki got a better deal through contiki at the time they were booking. Don’t forget it’s also end of financial year so you could have luck with air fares being on special. Last year I flew with qantas BRIS-LA-NY and back again they were fantastic except I though the food was horrible and yes people say airline food is horrible however I have had great meals with other airlines. Hope this helps :).

• 13 Jun 2013 Alannasch said

Alannasch

There is only one airline I trust to get me where Im going and get best value for money! Virgin Australia all the way! Qantas has really dropped the ball recently they are an old and tired airline. I also book my flights directly myself through the airline rather than through travel agents or other third parties as I find I get the best deals this way.

• 14 Jun 2013 revhead_145 said

Default_avatar

I booked my own with Qantas. Seat Guru lets you know if there are any benefits/downsides to particular seats. e.g. the A380 has a couple of seats where there is no seat in front due to a hatch in the floor. these seats are only like $25 to pick because they are not exit rows, but they have the benefit of extra leg room.

A travel agent may be a good idea for your flights as you fly into and out of different areas usually, and they can often get you the best prices and get your flights on one ticket, which has some baggage advantages (I believe the local connection has to recognise the international baggage limits). It think it would also be easier if you missed a connection for some reason. If you book yourself on 2 different tickets then it is your problem for the missed connection.

• 7 Jul 2013 Kirk said

Kirk

You can also look at the American Caries

Dalta fly from Sydney to LAX
    United fly from Sydney to LAX and SFO, United also connects from Melbourne through Sydney

• 15 Jul 2014 Isabel said

Isabel

Look into STA travel! I am going to the USA in January and ive booked my flights through them and got 1900 return, they also layby flights :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.