Credit Cards - Australia
Last Updated: 6th Jun 2012
More Tour and Travel Advice for Australia
All major credit cards are accepted in Australia including American Express, Diners Club, Visa and MasterCard.
Most optional excursions in Australia can be paid by credit card.
Generally credit cards and other bank issued cards are a reliable way to access money overseas. In some areas cash machines may be unavailable or out of service and credit cards are not as widely accepted or as common form of payment accepted in Australia as they are in the United States.
Store you credit card details separate to your credit card details with copies of your passport, travel documents and other important documents.
- Check the expiry date of your card to be sure it does not expire while you are away.
- Ensure you have a P.I.N. access number for your credit card to go along with your signature.
- Ensure that your card is kept in view at all times when paying for goods and services.
- Check the total amount being charged on your sales voucher before you sign it.
- Check that you have received your credit card back after it has been charged.
- Retain all copies of your receipts so that you can verify them against your statements.
- Carry your cards on your person and in your carry on luggage.
- Never leave cards unattended in hotel rooms or any other place.
- Report any loss or theft of your cards immediately.
Add a Comment Comments (0)
This article has no comments yet. Be the first by posting a comment!