Credit Cards - North America
Last Updated: 10th Jun 2012
Contiki accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express as payment for optional excursions, hotel and other bookings in North America.
Generally credit cards and other bank issued cards are a reliable way to access money overseas. In some areas cash machines may be unavailable or out of service.
Store you credit card details separate to your credit card details with copies of your passport, travel documents and other important documents.
Credit cards are widely accepted everywhere throughout North America.
- Check the expiry date of your card to be sure it does not expire while you are away.
- Ensure you have a P.I.N. access number for your credit card to go along with your signature.
- Ensure that your card is kept in view at all times when paying for goods and services.
- Check the total amount being charged on your sales voucher before you sign it.
- Check that you have received your credit card back after it has been charged.
- Retain all copies of your receipts so that you can verify them against your statements.
- Carry your cards on your person and in your carry on luggage.
- Never leave cards unattended in hotel rooms or any other place.
- Report any loss or theft of your cards immediately.