Shopping - Venice
Last Updated: 21st Oct 2013
There are shops and restaurants scattered everywhere amongst the city of Venice, however one of the hot spots for Italian Labels is just off the edge of St Marks Square where the streets are filled with Gucci, Armani, Prada and the like. The Rialto Bridge area also has a lot of good markets as well as retail stores and is a hot spot for jewelry lovers. You will also find smaller markets and street vendors in many of the city’s piazzas. People travel Europe to shop in other cities like Paris and Rome yet most people who visit the island-city of Venice also indulge in a little retail therapy.
Local products include:
- Authentic, hand made Venetian glass is produced on the northern island of Murano, most Contiki Tours visiting Venice have the opportunity to see a glass blowing demonstration. Although not cheap, like the rest of Italy, you will often find the genuine alongside the fake and it’s the hand made nature of the glass that makes it both strong and valuable.
- Venetian Masks are a must during the city’s famed carnival but are also available city wide year round
- Paintings and prints are often popular souvenirs as romantic and beautiful reminders of the city
- Lace was a symbol of wealth and stature during the height of the Republic. Today the city still supports this old and dying artform and some tours visit to the Il Merletto Lace School to see and learn about how authentic Venetian lace is produced by the same methods used for centuries.
- Jewelry can be found around the edge of St Marks Square and the Rialto Bridge.
Add a Comment Comments (5)
Kensington Square is also near elite schools such as Cedar Primary School and St. Gabriel Secondary School. Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School and DPS International School are also around in the area.
Kensington Square Register Interest
Great Post. I have not been visiting the site recently. Took a visit again and there were some great comments on the site. Excellent post.
Keep up the good work.
You’ve made some good points there. I checked on the net to learn more about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site.
expedia coupon codes
It�s hard to find experienced people about this subject, but you seem like you know what you�re talking about! Thanks