Sights and Attractions - Paris
Last Updated: 19th Jun 2012
Paris is a city filled with an incredible abundance of amazing, beautiful and historical sights. One of the oldest and most enduring and traveled to capitals in Europe, it would take months to see and experience all the city has to offer however here are a few of the highlights:
- Eiffel Tower – One of the most famous icons in the entire world.
- Arc de Triiomphe – If you don’t know it by name, you’ll almost certainly recognize Napoleons greatest monument.
- Notre Dame Cathedral – For Gothic architecture you cannot go past this amazing structure.
- Paris Opera House – Home to the ‘Phantom of the Opera’.
- Saint Chapelle – Maybe the most beautiful stained glass anywhere in the world in a tiny Gothic church.
- Musee d’l’Armee and Les Invalides – A vast collection of historical items sampled from throughout military history.
- Eglise du Dome – Home to Napoleon’s tomb and final resting place.
- The Pantheon – Burial place for heroes from French history including Victor Hugo, Marie Currie and Jean Moulin.
- The Latin Quarter – A little south of Notre Dame, this district used to have a reputation as the student part of the city, it has now however become rather classy as is filled with jazz clubs, bars, cafes, restaurants and shops
- Paris Catacombs – A little bit of a creepy walk though the bones of millions of former Parisians.
- Pere Lachaise Cemetery – Home to the grave of Jim Morrison and many, many others.