Suggested Packing List - Mexico
Last Updated: 11th Oct 2013
People are individuals though and often have personal preferences and opinions as to what to bring. The following then is not a definitive list, but should give you a good guide as to what you should pack for your tour of Mexico.
- 1 rainproof jacket/small umbrella
- 2 or 3 shorts/skirts
- 1 thick sweater for cold evenings
- 2 or 3 Swimwear outfits and beach towel
- 1 or 2 pairs of jeans
- 2 or 3 T-shirts
- Underwear (lots)
- Socks (lots)
- 2 or 3 casual shirts – can unbutton these and wear then during the day or dress them up for nights out
- 2 or 3 sets of smart going out clothes for dinners, bars and clubs
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Thongs/flip flops/sandals
- ‘Going out’ shoes
- Toiletry bag and contents
- Suntan lotion
- Insect repellent
- Imodium(also known as Loperamide) tablets or similar as well as any other allergy tablets or medication you think you may need
- Hand sanitizer and/or wipes
- Travel Clock
- Plastic bags
- Washing powder
- Sewing kit
- Pens and writing materials
- Rechargeable phone card
- Power adapters
- Day bag
Label your suitcase inside and out with your name and your home address and perhaps attach a sticker, ribbon, patch or other unique identifier to your luggage to make it easier to spot.
Carry a copy of your passport, visas, travel and other important documents as well as your travelers cheque numbers (if you use them) with you in your luggage. You should also leave a copy of all this information at home with someone trusted and contactable while you are away.
Don’t pack your travel documents and passport in your luggage, rather take it with you in your carry luggage.
Remember to bring more than enough of any medication you might need along with you and carry prescriptions for any medications that you carry with you. Prescription drugs are often available without prescription however their quality may be questionable.