The main difference between Camping, Concept/Budget and Time Out/Superior/Hotel Tours is the styles of accommodations utilized. There are however a few other differences between tour styles that you may like to take into consideration. Time Out/Superior/Hotel Tours pack in loads of sightseeing, free time, extra excursions and stay in Superior Class Tourist Hotels. This allows for:
- The choice of single, twin, or “triple”::/contikipedia/articles/triple-share share rooms
- Hotels with private bathroom facilities
- Direct-dial telephone facilities available at most hotels
- Security boxes available at most hotels for your safety
Time Out/Superior/Hotel Tours also include:
Please note: Time Out/Superior/Hotel Tours operate year round with only some tours available in Winter. Camping and Concept/Budget Tours only operate in the summer (Departing March – September).
Where You Stay
Follow the links to check out some of the Time Out/Superior/Hotel Tour Hotels in each city.
- Breakfast – Breakfast is always included on all European Contiki Tours. European Continental breakfasts are supplied at the hotels where you stay. The Continental style usually consists of rolls, butter, jams, tea or coffee and juices. Sometimes in northern European countries they will add an egg, ham or cheese. This will certainly seem different to home and somewhat repetitive if you are used to a cooked breakfast, however this fare is normal in Europe, especially in the more southern, hotter countries.
- Lunch – Lunch is not included and is always up to you – allows you the freedom to eat what you want and enjoy the local flavors.
- Dinner – Roughly half your evening meals are included and generally in the Table d’Hote style. Some are buffet style but usually consist of 3-meal course dinners with meat or fish as the main. Most dinners are served at your hotel or at a local restaurant. Dinners that are not included are left up to you to sample and enjoy the local cuisine and on some nights there may be an optional excursion meal planned.
Please note: If you have special dietary requirements (eg Vegetarian), let your Tour Manager know during the Pre-Tour meeting (a friendly reminder prior to the dinners also) and they will notify the hotels and restaurants.
Summer Time Out/Superior/Hotel Tours
Winter Europe Time Out/Superior/Hotel Tours Tours