Last Updated: 7th Jun 2012
Currency: New Turkish Lira (official) Euro (unofficial)
Visas: Travel Visa Information
Manners and Customs
- The Turks are rightfully proud of their country and defaming or making derogatory comments about Mustafa Kemal Ataturk (the ‘Father’ of Turkey), the Turkish flag, the Turkish customs and traditions is not only highly rude, but sometimes even illegal.
- Coffee in it’s short, thick, black form and tea is very important and even though it may not be to your taste you should try at least one Turkish Coffee while you are there
- Turkish baths likewise are a must
- The people are extremely helpful and friendly people and will often go to extremes in order to help you even if they don’t speak a word of English or you a word of Turkish
- Traditionally on a political level Turkey has had very poor relations with Cypress and Greece, this however is generally not the case as many young Turks have friends from both countries.
- Although Turkey is certainly a Muslim nation, the government traditionally has been and has taken steps to remain secular and as such
- Respectful dress should be worn when entering a Mosque, women will likely need to cover their head with a shawl or scarf and everyone needs to remove their shoes
Places Contiki Visits in Turkey
Add a Comment Comments (3)
I really love your blogging site.. Outstanding shades & theme. Did you develop this web page yourself? Make sure you reply back as I�m wanting to create my own personal web site and would really like to figure out in which you bought this from or just what the theme is called. Thanks!
cheap flight tickets
Great submit. I undoubtedly adore this web-site. Thanks!
budget travel deals
You ought to become a part of a contest for 1 with the greatest web pages on the web. I will remarkably advocate this net website!
vegas travel deals