Visas - Traveling to the USA

Last Updated: 4th Feb 2014

<p>More <a href="/contikipedia/articles/tour-and-travel-advice-usa-and-canada">Tour and Travel Advice</a> for the <span class="caps">USA</span> and Canada</p> <p>Please visit <a href=""></a> to see if the <a href="/contikipedia/articles/790"><span class="caps">USA</span></a> requires you to have a visa when traveling on a <a href="/contikipedia/articles/passports">passport</a> of your nationality.</p> <p>All travelers seeking admission to the United States under the Visa Wavier Program (<span class="caps">VWP</span> &#8211; if no visa is required) must present a machine readable passport. A digital photograph printed on the passport photo page is required OR an integrated chip containing information from the data page (e-passport). A digital photograph is on that is printed onto the photo page, not a photo that has been glued, stapled or laminated onto the passport.</p> <p>Machine readable passports issued or extended after October 26, 2006 are required to be e-passports. <span class="caps">VWP</span> travelers with non- compliant passports will need to obtain a new e-passport OR a visa in their passport containing the non-digital passport photo. Visa applications can be obtained by contacting the US consulate.</p>