Every Contiki is filled with exciting moments and shared fun with your new friends. It’s also about having your own time for that random travel tale to tell or finding a special little corner of Asia to remember.
We pack plenty of free time in to each tour so once we’ve shown you the main sights, there’s time to make it yours. Explore with people in your group, or take time out on your own to chat with the locals, lie on the beach, check out the caves or just wander and see where the moment takes you.
If you need ideas, we have tons of awesome optional extras and we can book them for you too so you make the most of your spare time while you’re in Asia.
Every Contiki tour gets you access to some of the big sights and experiences, but designing your own adventure is half the fun. Get started with a few of these ideas:
- Walk a section of the Great Wall of China
- Take a cable car to the top of Hong Kong Island to check out the view
- Go for a bike ride in the Vietnamese countryside
- Check out the night markets in Bangkok
- Watch the sun rise over Angkor Wat
- Take a dip in the blue waters of Kuang Si waterfall
- Give an alm offering to the Buddhist monks
- Hire a boat to see Hong Kong harbour’s floating fishing village
- See where The Beach was filmed in Koh Phi Phi Leh
- Go night swimming in the warm waters of Halong Bay
- Check out an acrobat show in Shanghai
- Wander along the promenade in Nga Tran & have a drink on the beach
Available on Thai Island Hopper East (April-September)
Time your trip to coincide with a famous Full Moon Party on Koh Pha Ngan in Thailand, made famous in ‘The Beach’.
The all-night beach party draws a crowd of tens of thousands every time there’s a full moon. The bars on the beach of Haad Rin stay open all night, music, dancing, fire pois and fireworks keep the crowd entertained and the party carries on until sunrise the next day.
Sandy white beaches lined with palm trees are the perfect backdrop for a night of pure fun.