Vietnam Experience » Review by sarah28
This was my first contiki trip AND my first overseas trip and afterwards, I can say it won't be the last!
Vietnam is such a culture rich country and contiki helps you see some of the best parts of it.
A highlight myself was the beautiful sights of Halong Bay (even in cooler weather!) and the old charm beauty of Ho Ani.
Our tour guide was great.. gave us lots of helpful advice.
The group of people was amazing!!
Tips and Recommendations:
- Don't stress about money! Everything is cheap from food to clothes to little nick nacks- don't hold yourself back.. Vietnam is a great trip to do if you are on a budget
- Have something in mind that you would like made in Hoi An otherwise you will be overwhelmed by choice!
- Try the food!- don't be scared ;)
- You must barter.. and you will get the hang of it ;)
- Have an open mind: especially when hearing about Vietnam's side of the War
- Don't bother taking heels girl.. they are DEFINITLY not needed: one pair of thongs, one pair of canvas/walking shoes and a pair of 'going out casual' flats is all you need
- There are opportunites to do laundry so don't worry about packing something for everyday
- People do try to steal bags so make sure you take a shoulder bag that hangs infront of your body and only carry cash you really need
- BEWARE OF CYCLO SCAMS!!!-
AND BEWARE OF JUNGLE JUICE AND JAM JARS ;)
Review written Feb 2012event 0.3