Mediterranean Trail » Review by Michael_M
This was one of the best decisions I've made! I did this tour over the summer with my brother. It was absolutely amazing. I had an awesome tour group and the BEST tour guide (Beatrice, aka Bea) who was super fun and very knowledgeable of where to go, what to see and the history of what we were visiting. This trip was the perfect combination of history (I'm totally a history nut), fun (awesome parties, ESPECIALLY the toga party in Corfu) and relaxation (the beaches in Corfu, spectacular). Accommodation was great also. Friendly, helpful staff, close to transit and not to far out from the city (comes in handy on those late nights at the disco and you need a taxi back!). If anyone is interested in this tour, I've got one thing to say .. DO IT! My only regret was not doing the island cruise!
Recommendations for optional excursions:
- Walking tour of Rome (entry to Colosseum and the forum).
- Pompeii, such a beautiful city. The history behind it is amazing and the view of Mt. Vesuvius in the towns old square is unforgettable.
- Corfu water sports. Para sailing, tubing, the banana and so much more!
- TOGA, TOGA, TOGA! The toga party in Corfu is a must do! So much fun.
- Do all the optional dinner excursions. They're a lot of fun, good food and a great time to bond with your tour group. Our guide also recommended a lot of disco's to visit after it. They're a lot of fun!
I can't wait to do another Contiki!
Review written Oct 2011event 0.3