Every Contiki is filled with exciting moments and shared fun with your new friends. It’s also about having your own time for that random travel tale to tell or finding the special little corners of the USA & Canada to remember.
We pack plenty of free time in to each tour so once we’ve shown you the main sights, there’s time to make it yours. Explore with people in your group, or take time out on your own to chat with the locals, lie on the beach or just wander and see where the moment takes you.
If you need ideas, we have tons of awesome optional extras and we can book them for you too so you make the most of your spare time.
Every Contiki tour gets you access to some of the big sights and experiences, but designing your own adventure is half the fun. Get started with a few of these ideas:
- Shop up a storm in New York or LA
- Feel the adrenaline rush of rafting in the Rockies
- Wander round Central Park or hire a horse & buggy
- Roll along the boardwalk on a bike in Miami
- See a totem pole in Canada’s Stanley Park
- Head to Santa Monica beach in Los Angeles for a day in the sun
- Take a helicopter ride over Niagara Falls
- Check out the nightlife in New Orleans’ French Quarter
- See a dazzling Vegas show
- Find out where Hollywood’s stars live in Los Angeles
- Hike to the top of Montreal’s Mont Royal for stunning views
- Experience the thrill & excitement of Disney World in Orlando
Available on Winter Wild Western, Winter California Highlights & Winter LA to the Bay
From December to March, our Western US tours spend three nights in the snowy resort town of Lake Tahoe.
Hit the slopes of Heavenly Ski Resort, world-renowned for its fantastic terrain, supreme powder, pristine mountains and spectacular alpine scenery. Or try ice skating or snowmobiling. You could also wind down in a spa or just chill out in Tahoe Village.
Whatever you do, don’t forget to hit up the après ski scene and the nightlife hot spots with 24 hour non-stop Vegas-style bling.