In exciting news for beer lovers across the globe, Carlsberg is creating a new ‘Brand & Experience Centre’ in the Carlsberg District located in Cophenhagen; in laymans terms, Duff World is about to become a reality! Carlsberg has just announced the design team that will create this new beer haven which will see a shiny new rooftop terrace added to the current factory that will feature hot-springs, restaurants and a nightclub, all with views of the amazing city!
Carlsberg launched an architectural competition in August 2011 and 240 companies from around the world competed for the chance to create a beer-lovers paradise in the Vesterbro brewhouse. Ralph Applebaum Associates took out the competition with their impressive pitch that proposed extensions to the current brewhouse offering;
- Panoramic views of Copenhagen from an outdoor heated roof deck
- Hot-spring spas and an infinity pool
- An intimate amphitheatre hosting live concerts
- Club Carlsberg – a changing menu of entertainment, events and activities
- The crystal pavilion – a glowing crown atop the brewhouse where you can enjoy your favourite Carlsberg brew from around the world
- Guest DJ’s, local bands and the chance to step onto the stage yourself/li>
- The ‘ berg’ a glowing, frosty, cold ice-shard wall that you can climb and plant your flag on top
- An activities area where you can compete and earn points that can be converted into donations for your favourite cause
It has not been announced when the transformed brewhouse will open but it’s definitely worth keeping on your radar and checking out when in Copenhagen. For more information visit; carlsberggroup.com.