1 Does the tour price on the website include flights?
- Although your tour price does not include international flights to and from your start/end cities, it does include all your transportation while on tour, accommodations, breakfasts, a dedicated Tour Manager and Driver, about half your dinners, all your Backstage Pass inclusions, and depending on the destinations may include internal airfare to get you around faster (flight specified on tour itineraries are included in the cost of your tour). International airfare to and from the start/end cities of your tour is not included in the price of your tour for a couple of key reasons:
- Choice: We want you to have the ultimate choice when booking your airfare. Whether you want to scour the internet to compare the lowest fare, book first-class airfare on your own, or want the convenience of our help, the choice is yours with Contiki.
- Flexibility: Looking to arrive to your travel destination a couple days (or months) before your tour begins, or want to stay longer after it ends? By not including international flights with ridged departure dates in your tour price, you have the flexibility to do it your way! Contiki will inform you of the start and end times of your tour, making it easy to book flights on your own or with us. We can even help set you up with pre- and post-tour hotel accommodations.
- Varying Costs: Contiki travelers come from all over the world. On tour, you'll meet Australians, Kiwis, South Africans, Europeans, and many more diverse travelers your age. Airfare prices differ based on location. Since the hometowns of our travelers vary, including international airfare in the price of our tours means that you would be charged the same price to travel 500 miles as someone traveling 1,200 miles. You wouldn't want that would you? Of course not! While you're on tour with us, all transportation including internal flights is included in your tour price because you're already in a group and we've taken care of all the details of your itinerary. The only thing you need to do is get to the start city of your tour and sort out your ride home. Contiki will take care of the rest.
- For more information on booking your flight with Contiki check out the benefits of booking your flight with Contiki. See our full booking conditions for more information on what’s included and what’s not. Also, please note that flights as specified on individual tour itineraries are included as part of your tour price.
Back to top
2 How do I book my flights?
- The choice is yours! You can book with Contiki and we will provide you with our best rates, contracted directly with the airlines. Or you can book yourself using an online booking engine or have your travel agent book it for you. Depending on the route, airline, and time of year, Contiki usually has the best rates. Plus, we’re your very own airline liaison and we’ll keep you up-to-date on any changes. But don’t worry…we won’t get our feelings hurt if you don’t book with us. We know it’s hard to resist the lure of the cute animals…and the Shatner.
- check out the benefits of booking your flight with Contiki.
Back to top
3 Will it cost me anything to change my air itinerary?
- Most Likely. We know that’s not an answer anybody likes but the simple truth is that it depends. If your airfare is paid and ticketed, you can expect the airline to charge you fees to make any changes. Your best bet is to contact your travel agent or Contiki travel consultant.
Back to top