About the Conservation Foundation
Contiki is a founding member of the Travel Corporation Conservation Foundation. The Conservation Foundation is a not-for-profit organization which supports work that fosters sustainable tourism and pursues sustainability causes that are both culturally and environmentally significant
The Foundation currently supports the following causes:
- Improving the sustainability of the floating hotels used for Nile cruises
- Helping local communities in Australia’s beautiful Kimberley region develop indigenous sustainable tourism
- Preserving historic battlefields & revealing new understanding of major historical events
- Protecting our oceans and aquatic resources, including projects on the Mesoamerican Reef and the beachfronts of Thailand
- Supporting the National Trust in its project to build new environmentally sustainable visitor facilities the World Heritage listed Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland
- Assisting Conservation International to protect three million hectares of Atlantic Forest in Brazil
- Funding research and restoration in Venice to help protect the city from degradation
Additionally, the Foundation support goes beyond financial contribution with the commitment of our own staff to action on the ground through our staff volunteering programs. The Foundation is also a primary sponsor for the Tourism for Tomorrow Awards which encourages tourism operators to develop and share leading sustainable tourism practices.
Our Advisory Panel
To assist The Travel Corporation Conservation Foundation in selecting the most worthy projects we rely on panel of advisors. Our Foundation advisors are volunteers drawn from leading non-profit organisations around the world who are considered leaders in the field.