Take the idyllic ski village of Hopfgarten in Austria, add snow & a cosmopolitan bunch of 18-35s, mix in a range of activities & nightlife & you've to the perfect recipe for great fun - from the moment you arrive to the minute you leave.
Contiki offers 1 & 2 week ski packages including accommodation, breakfast & return coach transfers from London on our Ski Plus tour, or FREE pickups from Innsbruck airport & Wörgl train station to Hopfgarten for our Ski Only customers.
What makes us different?
Hit the slopes with Contiki for an unforgettable experience, staying in the heart of the Austrian Alps in a traditional Tyrolean village at our own Gasthof Schöneck. Located in the Tyrol region of Austria, Hopfgarten is part of the ‘SkiWelt’ region offering 279km (174 miles) of runs. SkiWelt has been voted 'World's Best Ski Area' out of 70 resorts in 8 countries for the last 3 years.
It's a great place for all levels - from serious skiers and snowboarders to learners alike. And with English speaking instructors and the latest model skis and snowboards to help, your holiday is made totally easy.
Plus there's plenty of activities to keep the party going day and night, as well as all Contiki’s exclusive inclusions. Try tandem paragliding, enjoy a sleigh ride, go ice-skating or head off to see one of the three famous Tyrolean towns - Salzburg, Innsbruck or Kitzbühel.
It’s more than just a mountain - after dark there’s après ski ("after ski") Contiki-style, with the diverse nightlife of Hopfgarten including outdoor schnaps stands, lively bars and late-night clubs. There’s also Contiki’s exclusive Gasthof theme parties and ‘Schnappy Hour’ – not to be missed! Or if you feel like putting your feet up after a hard day hitting the slopes, there's our comfy lounge room with plasma screen TV, bean bags, internet terminals and FREE WiFi. The choice is yours!
Why Contiki? This is why!
- Stay in our very own Gasthof (guesthouse)
- Hot breakfast included daily
- Exclusive Only Contiki inclusions
- Flexible 1 & 2 week options
- Great rates for ski essentials, like lessons & gear hire
- Travel by coach from London or make your own way there
SkiWelt - perfect for all levels
With 279km (174 miles) of ski runs, 91 cable cars & lifts, & 70 refreshment stops - the SkiWelt is the largest interconnected ski area in Austria. Here's what's on offer:
- Beginner: With 63 beginner runs totalling 124km (77 miles), SkiWelt has the perfect terrain for beginners. Combine this with our great value ski school and you'll be up on the slopes in no time.
- Intermediate: Want to improve your technique? 51 intermediate runs over 128km (80 miles) of piste means you can really test your skills!
- Advanced: 11km (9 miles) of black runs spread over 7 trails will keep the keenest of skiers and boarders challenged.
Only Contiki includes
- Personal Ski Guide: Get to know the mountain right from the start on our free guided piste tours. Our Local Ski Guide runs 2 free mountain tours per week, once at the start to show you the ropes, then later on to help uncover some hidden spots.
- The Contiki Grand Slam: If you’re feeling up for it, have a laugh with your ski buddies & show off your skills with our downhill ski race.
- Salzburg day trip: See more of this Alpine region on an included day trip to the home of 'The Sound of Music'. Relax & explore the stunning World Heritage-listed Old Town, overlooked by Hohensalzburg Castle. Sit at a café, get your shopping fix at the city’s many great stores or check out the birthplace of Mozart – there’s loads to explore.