#NOREGRETS DAYS Contest Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter ‘#NOREGRETS DAYS’ (‘The Contest’) and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Contest is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or to win a prize, and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
Eligibility of entry:
Entry is open to all residents worldwide aged between eighteen (18) years of age and thirty-five (35) years of age at time of entry (‘Eligible Entrants’), with the exception of residents of Quebec (Canada). Employees of Contiki Vacations/Contiki Holidays (‘The Promoter’ or “Sponsor”), The Travel Corporation Limited, their subsidiaries and affiliates, suppliers, Tour Operators and any of their employees or contractors, advertising and promotion agencies associated with this promotion, and the immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
How to enter:
Eligible Entrants can enter the Contest by visiting www.contiki.com/noregrets (the ‘Website’), watching the video and submitting their own #NOREGRETS Day via Twitter (by tagging with #contiki and #noregrets), Facebook (by commenting on the relevant post, as linked to from www.contiki.com/noregrets) or by email (using the form on www.contiki.com/noregrets). All valid entries will be entered for the chance to win one (1) Grand Prize.
Entries must not reference illegal activity, sexual activity, self-mutilation or violent acts or activities that are not feasibly possible for reasons including, but not limited to, logistical feasibility, legal reasons, availability, excessive cost and safety considerations. Eligible Entrants that submit an entry that references one or more of acts, or which is deemed unfeasible by The Promoter will be disqualified from the competition. The Promoter’s decision is final.
By entering the Contest via email, entrants acknowledge and explicitly consent to be signed up for and receive the Contiki newsletter and other promotions. Subscription status can be updated at any time.
The Contest entry period begins Monday 28th October 2013, 09:00AM GMT and ends at 11:59PM GMT on Monday December 9th 2013.
The Grand Prize:
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded at the conclusion of the Contest and includes the following:
- The prize winner’s #NOREGRETS Day fulfilled, to the extent possible, by The Promoter, plus a space on Contiki trip of up to 12 days at the closest location that The Promoter operates in to the location of the #NOREGRETS Day fulfillment.
- Contiki reserves the right to work with the winner to modify or substitute components of the winner’s #NOREGRETS Day post-acceptance of the prize, at their sole discretion, based on, but not limited to, logistical feasibility, legal reasons, availability, excessive cost and safety considerations. Final make-up of the winner’s #NOREGRETS Day is at the sole discretion of Contiki.
- What’s Included: Return economy flights; ground transportation; accommodation; meals; and expenses related to the creation of the winner’s #NOREGRETS Day. Return transportation; twelve (12) nights twin or triple-share accommodation; some meals; an experienced, professional tour manager; transport on an air-conditioned coach; and sightseeing tours of all major areas as per the itinerary of the chosen tour (to be confirmed by The Promoter, based on the location of the #NOREGRETS Day activity).
- Maximum Retail value of the Grand Prize: USD $10,000 or the equivalent in the prize winner’s local currency.
Flights to connect with the selected tour are to and from the major gateway nearest each winner’s home. The nearest major gateway to be determined by the Promoter.
- The Grand Prize is strictly subject to availability and restrictions may apply on the chosen departure date. The Grand Prize trip must be completed by 30th June 2014. Other restrictions and blackout dates, including, but not limited to, Public Holidays and Peak seasons, may apply.
- The Grand Prize is not transferable, and cannot be extended, substituted or exchanged in part or full, or taken with any related or unrelated companies. The Grand Prize cannot be rescheduled once booked. Winners may not change the #NOREGRETS Day option associated with their Grand Prize. The Winners must be aged between eighteen (18) years of age and thirty-five (35) years of age at time of travel. Airfare may only be used in conjunction with the Grand Prize activity.
- Ground transportation, port and other taxes, meals, beverages, gratuities, optional excursions, personal expenses, travel insurance, airport transfers, pre or post night accommodation and all other incidental expenses incurred on the trip that are not specifically provided for herein, and any costs associated with any changes requested by winner after any prize component has been booked are solely the responsibility of the winner to pay. It is the winners’ responsibility and cost to obtain the necessary documents for travel, such as passport and visas.
- The Promoter will not be responsible if the winners are refused entry to any destination and any unused portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited. The Promoter will also not be responsible for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason beyond its control.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the Grand Prize. Should the value of the Grand Prize be less than the value stated in these Terms and Conditions, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.
Any questions should be directed to Contiki Holidays / Contiki Vacations. All federal, provincial, and municipal taxes associated with the receipt or use of the Grand Prize is the sole responsibility of the winners.
Winning entry and notification:
- A shortlist of 3 entries will be selected from all valid entries by a Guest Judge Panel, to be chosen by The Promoter. The shortlisted entries will be the 3 entries judged by the Panel against a range of factors including creativity, feasibility, originality and interpretation of the #NOREGRETS Days concept.
- The shortlisted entrants will be determined by The Promoter after 11:59pm on 9th December 2013. Short listed entrants will be contacted by email within 24 hours of the shortlist being determined.
- Each of the 3 shortlisted entrants will need to make themselves available for interviews with representatives of The Promoter between December 10th – 17th, for purposes of The Promoter determining the Grand Prize winner. The winner will be selected accordingly to a list of criteria including, but not limited to, a range of factors including suitability in relation to the #NOREGRETS Day being proposed, availability on specific dates, and willingness to participate in their #NOREGRETS Day Grand Prize. The Promoters decision is final and the rationale for such will not be explained or made public.
- The Grand Prize winner will be determined by The Promoter after 11:59pm on 18th December 2013. Winners will be contacted by email within 24 hours of the winner being determined.
- Winners will be required to sign and return a declaration confirming acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Winners will need to acknowledge/accept prize within 48 hours, or another winner will be selected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to work with the winner to modify or substitute components of the winner’s #NOREGRETS Day post-acceptance of the prize, at their sole discretion, based on, but not limited to, logistical feasibility, legal reasons, availability, excessive cost and safety considerations. Final make-up of the winner’s #NOREGRETS Day is at the sole discretion of The Promoter.
- Winners will be required to provide their full name, location, photo and any related comments for use in any advertising or publicity, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and entry into The Contest is deemed to be explicit consent and authorization. Non-winning entrants will not be notified.
- All materials produced by Contiki Holidays/Vacations during The Contest shall be the sole and absolute property of Contiki Holidays/Vacations or its nominees. Contiki Holidays/Vacations may use the images/film in all forms of advertising material in any medium in any manner it may decide for an indefinite period.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received. Proof of sending entry is not proof of receipt.
- Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be published on www.facebook.com/contiki by 11:59pm on 10th January 2014.
Validity of entry:
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of Liability:
Entrants agree that the Promoter (A) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize(s), and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose, other than where the Promoter has been found to be negligent by a court of law. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature other than where the Promoter has been found to be negligent by a court of law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due Submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information other than where the Promoter has been found to be negligent by a court of law. Sponsors reserve the right to discount any entry judged to be inappropriate based on, but not limited to, reasons of logistical feasibility, legal reasons, availability, excessive cost and safety considerations. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsors are prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Contest as described herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial or municipal government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsors will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant(s). This Contest is subject to the laws of England as applicable herein. By entering this Contest electronically and voluntarily providing your personal information, entrants explicitly consent and agree to the Sponsors’ collection and use of the entrant’s information for the administration of this Contest and also explicitly consent to the Sponsors’ use of entrant information for marketing and promotional purposes. Entrant’s information may be revoked at any time (without revoking entrant’s participation in the Contest or impairing entrant’s chances of winning) by writing to the Sponsors at the address below.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Terms and Conditions, including eligibility requirements. Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, members, dealers, advertisers, franchisees, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest, including the awarding, use or misuse of any prize awarded, from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Grand Prize Package and other prizes awarded.
The Sponsors are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Terms and Conditions. No responsibility will be taken by the Sponsors for lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release Forms.
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion; to cancel or suspend this Contest without notice should any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
This Contest is subject to English law as applicable herein.
Contiki Tours International Limited, Picquet House, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1AF, Channel Islands.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or any other provider of social media.