TOP 10 REASONS TO VISIT EUROPE THIS WINTER
Contiki Offers 20 Unique Tour Itineraries for the Winter Season
Anaheim, California, August 5, 2009 – It’s no secret that winter in Europe is stunning, and the key to ensuring the most memorable experience is to let the best people plan your trip. Contiki Vacations, the worldwide leader in unique travel packages for 18 to 35 year olds, wants you to experience it firsthand. Here are several reasons why you should jump out of hibernation and head to Europe on a Contiki tour this winter, along with a few tour suggestions.
- Incredible Value- Contiki is offering $150 off winter trips nine days or longer when booked and paid in full by August 14, 2009. Contiki also has a great air deal available for the month of August – companions fly for $99. Visit http://contiki.com/deals for details.
- Crowds- The summer crowds are gone. Fewer tourists mean you will get to experience cities as the locals do. No standing in long lines to see the Mona Lisa at the Louvre in Paris, or the Roman Forum and Colosseum in Rome. You can experience the best sights and sounds of Europe during the 14 day-long European Discovery tour.
- Authentic Experiences- You can’t get more authentic than the Christmas markets, festivals and carnivals that take place all around Denmark, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Austria.
- *Entertainment- *Opera, theater, and symphony seasons are in full effect.
- Adventure- For winter sports enthusiasts, it’s prime snow season! Contiki offers seven and 14 day vacation packages to Hopfgarten, Austria where you can ski, snowboard, ice skate or take a sleigh ride through the beautiful countryside. Contiki’s Ski Austria vacation packages start at $485 a week.
- Hofbräuhaus- *So, *you couldn’t make it to Oktoberfest, but you can still enjoy the beer, the food and the Bavarian oompah band. Munich is one of the many exciting stops on Contiki’s European Inspiration tour.
- Spanish Beauty- Spain comes alive in September. From Barcelona, to Madrid, to Seville, winter is the best time for shopping and exploring. If you’re looking to get a little spicy this winter, check out Contiki’s Spanish Spree tour.
- *Time to Break Tradition- *Dick Clark will be around for a few more years, so why not party it up with the locals in Dam Square in Amsterdam for New Year’s Eve!? It’s as big a celebration as Times Square in New York with the addition of fireworks.
- A Little Romance- Paris on Valentines Day- how much more romantic can you get!?
- The Shopping- Italy is always top of mind when it comes to fashion. Milan is world renowned for design and fashion, and the entire area surrounding the famous Spanish Steps in Rome is a shopper’s dream come true. If it’s shopping you want to do, then the Simply Italy tour is for you.
Contiki’s Europe Winter 2009-2010 brochure can be viewed at http://contiki.com/ebrochures. It includes 20 unique tour itineraries ranging in duration from six to 26 days.
Contiki boasts over 45 years of expertly designed vacation experiences for students and young professionals ages 18-35. Choose from over 190 itineraries throughout Europe, Russia, Egypt, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Canada & the USA. Go Contiki. Get Experienced.