5 Days 5 Trips Competition Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter ‘5 Days 5 Trips’ (‘The Contest’) and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or to win a prize, and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
Eligibility of entry:
Entry is open to all residents worldwide aged between eighteen (18) years of age and thirty-five (35) years of age at time of travel (‘Eligible Entrants’), with the exception of residents of Quebec (Canada) residents. Employees of Contiki Vacations/Contiki Holidays (‘The Promoter’), The Travel Corporation Limited, their subsidiaries and affiliates, suppliers, Tour Operators and any of their employees or contractors, advertising and promotion agencies associated with this promotion, and the immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
How to enter:
Eligible Entrants can enter The Contest by visiting www.contiki.com/exchange (the ‘Website’), going to the daily competition article and answering the question in the article by adding a comment on that article. Eligible Entrants will need to create a Community Profile before adding a comment if they don’t already have one.
There will be five (5) competition articles and Eligible Entrants can enter as many times as they like on any article. This is a game of skill and entries will be judged on their creativity of entry.
The Contest entry period begins Monday 30 April, 10:00AM Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and ends at on Saturday 5 May, 10:00AM.
- Competition 1 is available for entry between 10:00AM GMT on 30 April 2012 and 10:00PM GMT on 1 May, 2012.
- Competition 2 is available for entry between 10:00AM GMT on 1 May 2012 and 10:00AM GMT on 2 May, 2012.
- Competition 3 is available for entry between 10:00AM GMT on 2 May 2012 and 10:00AM GMT on 3 May, 2012.
- Competition 4 is available for entry between 10:00AM GMT on 3 May 2012 and 10:00AM GMT on 4 May, 2012.
- Competition 5 is available for entry between 10:00AM GMT on 4 May 2012 and 10:00AM GMT on 5 May, 2012.
There are five (5) Grand Prizes to be issued one per day over the 5 days of the competition.
One (1) Grand Prize for one (1) person will be awarded to the Winner of each daily competition article.
The winner tour prizes are as follows:
Competition 1: 11 Days European Magic: What’s Included: 10-nights double or triple-occupancy hotel accommodation: eight (8) breakfasts and five (5) dinners as per itinerary; an experienced, professional tour manager; transport on an air-conditioned coach; and sightseeing tours of all major areas per the itinerary. Retail value: US$1935 per person.
Competition 2: 13 Days Sweet As South: What’s Included: 10-nights multi-share accommodation; ten (10) breakfasts and three (3) dinners as per itinerary; an experienced, professional tour manager; transport on an air-conditioned coach; and sightseeing tours of all major areas per the itinerary. Retail value: US$1440 per person.
Competition 3: 11 Days LA to the Bay: hat’s Included: 10-nights double-occupancy hotel accommodation (except Bass Lake which is quad-occupancy); seven (8) breakfasts and five (f) dinners as per itinerary; an experienced, professional tour manager; transport on an air-conditioned coach; and sightseeing tours of all major areas per the itinerary. Retail value: US$1519 per person.
Competition 4: 10 Days Argentina & Brazil Experience: What’s Included: 9-nights double-occupancy hotel accommodation; nine (9) breakfasts and three (3) dinners as per itinerary; an experienced, professional tour manager; transport on an air-conditioned coach; and sightseeing tours of all major areas per the itinerary. Retail value: US$2399 per person.
Competition 5: 10 Days Vietnam Highlights: What’s Included: 8-nights double-occupancy hotel accommodation + 1-night overnight cruise; nine (9) breakfasts, two (2) lunches and two (2) dinners as per itinerary; an experienced, professional tour manager; transport on an air-conditioned coach; and sightseeing tours of all major areas per the itinerary. Retail value: US$1149 per person.
- Prizes are strictly subject to availability and restrictions may apply on the chosen departure date. Prizes must be completed by 31 December 2012. Other restrictions and blackout dates, including, but not limited to, Public Holidays and Peak seasons, may apply.
- Grand Prizes are not transferable, and cannot be extended, substituted or exchanged in part or full, or taken with any sister companies. Grand Prizes cannot be rescheduled once booked. Winners may not change the tour option associated with their Prize. The Winners must also be aged between eighteen (18) years of age and thirty-five (35) years of age at time of travel.
- Flights, Ground transportation, port and other taxes, meals, beverages, gratuities, optional excursions, personal expenses, travel insurance, airport transfers, pre or post night accommodation and all other incidental expenses incurred on the trip that are not specifically provided for herein, and any costs associated with any changes requested by winner after any prize component has been booked are solely the responsibility of the winner to pay. It is the winners’ responsibility and cost to obtain the necessary documents for travel, such as passport and visas.
- The Promoter will not be responsible if the Winners are refused entry to any destination and any unused portion of the Prizes will be forfeited. The Promoter will also not be responsible for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason beyond its control. All other terms & conditions of travel are as per the Contiki Holidays/Contiki Vacations 2012-2013 brochure.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prizes. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.
Any questions should be directed to Contiki Holidays/Contiki Vacations. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winning entry and notification:
- Winners will be selected based on the creative merit of their entry.
- Winners will be determined by Contiki Holidays on 1 May, 2 May & 3 May, 4 May & 7 May 2012 respectively, and winners will be contacted by email on that day, at the email address attached to their Contiki Community Profile.
- Each Winner will be required to sign and return a declaration confirming acceptance of the prize and competition Terms and Conditions.
- Winners will be required to provide their full name, location, photo and any related comments for use in any advertising or publicity, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and entry into The Contest is deemed to be consent and authorisation. Non-winning entrants will not be notified.
- Each Winner will be required to sign and return an IRS W9 form and a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility within 7 business days after winner is announced. Each winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred as a result of or relating to the awarding or use of any prize.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winners may not win more than one prize throughout the Promotion.
- The names of all Winners will be published on www.facebook.com/contiki within 7 days of each winner accepting the prize.
Validity of entry:
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of Liability:
Exclusion of Liability: Entrants agree that the Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize(s), and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due Submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsors are prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Contest as described herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsors will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant(s). This competition is subject to English law.
By entering this Contest electronically and voluntarily providing your personal information, entrants consent and agree to the Sponsors’ collection and use of the entrant’s information for the administration of this Contest and agree to Sponsors’ use of entrant information. Entrant’s information may be revoked at any time (without revoking entrant’s participation in the Contest or impairing entrant’s chances of winning) by writing to the Sponsors at the address below.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules and Regulations, including eligibility requirements. Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, members, dealers, advertisers, franchisees, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest, from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Grand Prize Package awarded.
Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, their subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies and directors, officers, agents, artists, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Contest and the awarding, use, or misuse of any prize awarded, including liability for personal injury or damage to property.
The Sponsors are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules and Regulations. No responsibility will be taken by the Sponsors for lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release Forms.
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion; to cancel or suspend this Contest without notice should any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
This competition is subject to English law.
Contiki Tours International Limited, Picquet House, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1AF, Channel Islands. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.