Plan the Perfect Trip!
A trip to another country can provide you with life-altering experiences, a fresh perspective, and memories that will last a lifetime.
Of course there is one aspect of traveling that is always a hassle, planning.
Here are some tips to change what might be an ordinary vacation into an unbelievable experience.
Don’t Limit Yourself to One City or Country
- Don’t visit just London; visit London, Paris, Venice, and Amsterdam. Time is precious and you never know when you’ll be back in a certain region, so explore as much as possible when there.
The Earlier You Plan Your Trip, the Better
- Planning early will alleviate the stress involved with last-minute reservations, cancellations, and ticketing- meaning you’ll have more freedom to see and do what you want!
Don’t Be Afraid to Travel Alone
- When you go solo, you’ll have more of an opportunity to meet other travelers and the locals. It’s is a great way to build life-lasting friendships, with people from all over the world. By meeting the locals, you’ll join in the local culture, dine at the best restaurants and see some of the more authentic sites.
Book Your Hotels Ahead of Time
- Booking ahead, saves you money and gives you a lot more freedom. This way, you won’t have to wonder around worrying about where you’re going to crash when night falls.
Plan Your Transportation
- Knowing where you’re going and how you’re getting there will enable you to minimize your time spent waiting, and maximize the time spent in each destination. Who wants to waste a day waiting stand-by for a train?
Have a Guide
- When you travel with a guide, you’ll see the best sights a destination has to offer. They’ll be able to show you the quickest ways to world-famous landmarks and will give you the locations of the hottest nightclubs.
Bring a Camera
- To preserve your memories, and to show friends and family pictures of you biking through Amsterdam, bungy jumping in New Zealand, and white water rafting in Australia.
Pack Just Enough
- There is no need to bring a portable closet with you. One average size suitcase of clothes is more than enough to satisfy a trip of any duration. After all, there are washing machines in every country.
Include Your Evening’s Best
- To ensure that you have access to the areas exclusive clubs and restaurants. Believe us, when traveling, you’ll want to be able to dress up for a night or two.
Bring Your Favorite Book
- Because there’s always some free time during a trip. Try bringing along a travel related book. Two of our suggestions: “On the Road” and “The Motorcycle Diaries”.
And When You’re There…
When in Rome
- Do as the Romans do, and when in Paris, do as the Parisians do. Actively become a part of the city you’re in. Hold a toga party in Rome, enjoy the Moulin Rouge in Paris, give a shot at yodeling in Lucerne, and participate in Oktoberfest in Munich.
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
- Because traveling isn’t simply about visiting a place; it’s about escaping from your everyday reality. Forget about your diet and eat the local specialties, try some wine from the surrounding regions, and most importantly, throw your worries aside and experience your vacation with a care-free attitude.
Need help planning your trip? Check out the amazing, hassle- free trips that Contiki has to offer.
San Diego, CA