Ole ole! Contiki adds Mexico and Tahoe to its all-star American line-up
Anaheim, California, August 2008 – Contiki has launched its 2009/10 America tours, introducing a variety of new travel options, featuring three brand new Mexico tours and ski options in Lake Tahoe.
With Mexico so hot right now, Contiki is thrilled to announce it has added three trips to the region for 2009/10. Contiki designed its Mexico itinerary to capture the best of this vacation destination so rich in culture, fantastic food, and cool clubs. From the lively metropolis of Mexico City, to the lush jungles of the Yucatan, to colonial towns and ancient Mayan ruins, Contiki delivers more than a standard Mexico beach resort experience.
Mexico itineraries include:
- 13-day Grande Mexico – Travel from Mexico City to Cancun while taking in the sights of Acapulco, Morelia, Ixtapa, Merida, Isla Mujeres, Chichen Itza and Cancun. Priced from $1775 per person. Departures are available from May 9, 2009 to January 9, 2010.
- Eight-day Mexican Fiesta – Explore the sights of Mexico City, stop at the colonial city of Morelia, visit the Mexican Riviera to soak up the sun at the resort town of Zihuatanejo, and hit the vibrant party scene in Acapulco. Priced from $815 per person. Departures are available from May 9, 2009 to January 9, 2010.
- Six-day Southern Mexico – Jet from Mexico City to the Yucatan Peninsula to explore Merida, Cancun and Isla Mujeres. Priced from $959 per person. Departures are available from May 16, 2009 to January 16, 2010.
To satisfy the winter traveler, Contiki has incorporated ski options in Lake Tahoe. Known for its amazing riding conditions, boundless terrain, and sunny skies, Tahoe is a ski and snowboard heaven. With Contiki you have the option to stay at one of three resorts – Heavenly, Kirkwood or Sierra-at-Tahoe. The ski option is a great way to incorporate adventure, pristine scenery, and Tahoe’s famous South Shore casinos and clubs into your itinerary.
Ski options are available in the winter seasons from December 2, 2009 to March 31, 2010 for the following tours:
- Seven-day California Highlights – See the Golden State of California – travel the city by the Bay (San Francisco), the beaches of Santa Barbara, and the entertainment capital of the world, Los Angeles. Finish off the California experience with a ski trip in Tahoe. Priced from $859 per person, twin share (land only).
- 10-day LA to the Bay –Start in L.A. and take in the city known for its temperate climate and sexy beaches. Head south of the border for bargain shopping and tequila in Mexico, admire Arizona’s Grand Canyon, prowl around the Las Vegas strip, hit the slopes in Tahoe and explore San Francisco. Priced from $1255 per person, twin share (land only).
- Seven-day Wild Western –Cruise the beautiful beaches of San Diego and get your Tijuana fix with a trip down south. Back stateside hit the Las Vegas Strip, take in Hollywood glamour, Santa Barbara charm, San Francisco sightseeing, and Tahoe powder. Priced from $1695 per person, twin share (land only).
All trip prices include transport, accommodation, sightseeing, breakfast daily and a number of other meals. While traveling with Contiki you also benefit from our experienced tour managers, that provide you a “locals only” run of all featured cities.
Contiki’s 09/10 USA Tours are available now. For more information call 1 800 CONTIKI (266-8454), visit your local travel agent or log onto www.contiki.com/usa.