The Travel Project Terms & Conditions
six-two Community Contributor Terms and Conditions
Information on how to submit content into the ‘six-two community contributor program’ (‘the Program’) and subsequent Grand Prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to submit or be rewarded, and a purchase will not improve your chances of being rewarded.
Eligibility of submission:
Entry is open to all residents worldwide aged between eighteen (18) years of age and thirty-five (35) years of age at time the contributor is chosen (‘Eligible Contributors’), with the exception of residents of Quebec (Canada). Employees of Contiki Vacations/Contiki Holidays (‘The Promoter’), The Travel Corporation Limited, their subsidiaries and affiliates, suppliers, Tour Operators and any of their employees or contractors, advertising and promotion agencies associated with this promotion, and the immediate families, are not eligible for submission.
How to enter?:
Between Monday 27th November 2017 and Monday 26th November 2018 Eligible Contributors can enter to join the Program by submitting articles in the form of written copy, photo essays and video content (“Content”) using the form available on http://www.contiki.com/six-two/the-travel-project.
By submitting a piece of Content, Eligible Contributors confirm that they are the sole creators and owners of the Content. Content that does not belong to the Contributor will not be eligible for publishing and the Contributor will not be eligible for any form of reward.
Successful Content is determined at the full discretion of The Promoter. This is a Program of skill, and chance plays no part in determining success. There is no minimum or maximum volume of Content for submission, and Content will be judged by a member The Promoter based on its quality and relevance to the six-two audience before being selected for publishing. There is no minimum or maximum number of pieces of Content that will be selected for publishing at any given time.
The program will run Monday 27th November 2017 and Monday 26th November 2018 (‘the Publishing Period’). Content will be selected for publishing at four dates during this period: 31 December 2017, 31 March 2018, 30 June 2018 and 31 October 2018. Eligible Contributors who have submitted Content that has been selected for publishing will be contacted on or before this date to notify them of their acceptance into the Program. Content selected at each of these four dates will be published on http://www.contiki.com/six-two during the three (3) months following selection (‘the Publishing Quarter’).
Content submitted by Eligible Contributors that is published will be listed under the author of ‘Community Contributor’. Within the Content itself, the Eligible Contributor will be listed by name, occupation and given the opportunity to include a minimum or one (1) external web link, approved by The Promoter.
Once published, the Content will fall into a Period of Performance Review – outlined below. Eligible Contributors that submit Content that is published and is the most success during the Period of Performance review will receive the Reward.
Period of Performance Review and Winning:
Once Content by an Eligible Contributor is published on http://www.contiki.com/six-two it will fall within a fourteen (14) day period of Performance Review. During this time The Promoter will rate the performance of the Content on the following three (3) criteria.
- Social Engagement – within the first three (3) days of the Performance Review Period the Content will be shared by The Promoter on the Contiki Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/contiki) to a global audience. Social Engagement will be measured in the form of reactions, shares and comments on the post.
- Content Visitor Volume – at the end of the Period of Performance Review, The Promoter will take measurements of user traffic to the Content.
- Content Quality and Relevance – Content will be judged by a panel of The Promoter’s employees to determine it’s quality based on emotional impact, empirical value to audience and skill in creation.
Once the Content completes its Period of Performance Review it will be given a score based on the above three (3) criteria. This score, and individual ratings on the above criteria, will not be disclosed to the Contributor and The Promoter will not enter into discussion regarding this information. Content published within the same Publishing Quarter will be ranked and the Contributor who submitted the Content that receives the highest ranking will be eligible for the Grand Prize (‘the Winner’).
Content that is deemed by the Promoter to have been unfairly advantaged through the use of automated software (‘Bots’), that increase social engagement or content visitor volume will be removed by the Promoter and the Contributor will forfeit the opportunity to win any Grand Prize.
The Grand Prize:
Four (4) Grand Prizes will be given to Winners throughout the Publishing Period, to Winners of each Publishing Quarter.
Each Grand Prize includes:
- One (1) x Contiki trip up to 14 days of the Winner’s choice, including meals, accommodation, transport and experiences as outlined on the Trip Web Page on http://www.contiki.com, up to the value of USD 2500.
- One (1) x return economy airfare from the nearest Gateway to the Winner that connects them with the start and end point of their chosen Contiki trip, up to the value of USD 2500.
- Consultation with the Editor of six-two to develop a content mission for the Winner to complete while travelling with Contiki.
Grand Prize restrictions:
- The Grand Prize is strictly subject to availability and restrictions may apply on the chosen departure date. The Grand Prize must be completed by 31 December 2018 and is not valid on cruise product. Other restrictions and blackout dates, including, but not limited to, Public Holidays and Peak seasons, may apply. ii. Grand Prizes are not transferable, and cannot be extended, substituted or exchanged in part or full, or taken with any sister companies. Grand Prizes cannot be rescheduled once booked. Winner may not change the tour option associated with their Reward. The Winner must also be aged between eighteen (18) years of age and thirty-five (35) years of age at time of travel. iii. Ground transportation, port and other taxes, meals, beverages, gratuities, optional excursions, personal expenses, travel insurance, airport transfers, pre or post night accommodation and all other incidental expenses incurred on the trip that are not specifically provided for herein, and any costs associated with any changes requested by winner after any prize component has been booked are solely the responsibility of the winner to pay. It is the winners’ responsibility and cost to obtain the necessary documents for travel, such as passport and visas. iv. The Promoter will not be responsible if the Winners are refused entry to any destination and any unused portion of the Grand Prizes will be forfeited. The Promoter will also not be responsible for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason beyond its control. All other terms & conditions of travel are as per the Contiki Holidays/Contiki Vacations 2017-2018 brochure. v. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Grand Prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Grand Prizes. Should the value of any Grand Prize be less than the value stated in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind. Any questions should be directed to Contiki Holidays/Contiki Vacations. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winning entry and notification:
Winners will be required to provide their full name, location, photo and any related comments for use in any advertising or publicity, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and entry into the Program is deemed to be consent and authorisation. Winning entrants will be notified within five (5) days of the end of their Publishing Quarter. Non-winning entrants will not be notified. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
Validity of entry:
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Contributors (including an Eligible Contributor’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Contributor who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of Liability:
Entrants agree that the Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from the Program or any Program-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize(s), and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due Submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Program or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Program, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsors are prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Program as described herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Program. If the Program is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsors will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant(s). By entering this Program electronically entrants consent and agree to the Sponsors’ collection and use of the entrant’s information for the administration of this Program and agree to Sponsors’ use of entrant information. Entrant’s information may be revoked at any time (without revoking entrant’s participation in the Program or impairing entrant’s chances of winning) by writing to the Sponsors at the address above.
All Program entries become the property of The Promoter and may be used by The Promoter in Marketing material at any time, however Copyright remains with the Entrant. Consent to use may be withdrawn after the Program has ended by emailing email@example.com with a copy of the content and full name.
By participating in this Program, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Program Rules and Regulations, including eligibility requirements. Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, members, dealers, advertisers, franchisees, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Program, from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Program and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize Package awarded.
Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, their subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies and directors, officers, agents, artists, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of the Program, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Program and the awarding, use, or misuse of any prize awarded, including liability for personal injury or damage to property.
The Sponsors are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Program or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Program Rules and Regulations. No responsibility will be taken by the Sponsors for lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release Forms.
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion; to cancel or suspend this Program without notice should any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors corrupt the security or proper administration of the Program. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
This competition is subject to English law.
Contiki Tours International Limited, Picquet House, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1AF, Channel Islands. This Program is in no way sponsored, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram.