CONTIKI MASHUP SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Who Can Enter:
Any legal resident of the U.S., 18 to 35 years of age is eligible to participate in the Contiki Mashup Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Employees, officers, principles, directors or agents of Contiki U.S. Holdings, Inc. (“Contiki”), and their respective subsidiaries or affiliates, and members of their households or immediate families, are not eligible to participate.
2. How to Enter Online:
Each entrant must register by completing any of the 4 quizzes on www.contiki.com/us/en/activity/mashup (the “Website”) and providing their name and email address and accepting the terms & conditions. No written or mailed entries will be accepted. The online entry form must be submitted between 12:00 p.m. PST on March 01, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Open Time”) and 11:59 p.m. PST on April 2, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Close Time”). Any entry forms that are illegible, incomplete or late will be disqualified.
3. Sweepstakes Dates:
The Sweepstakes will begin at the time the Sweepstakes Open Time and end exactly at the Sweepstakes Close Time. The prize drawing will be held based on number of eligible Sweepstakes entries properly submitted, completed and received at Sweepstakes Close Time.
4. Grand Prize: One (1) winner of the Grand Prize will be chosen at random. The winner will receive one (1) trip for one (2) passenger on the August 18, 2018 departure of the Contiki Sounds Reading Festival (10 days trip).
• Contiki Sounds Reading Festival (10 days): What’s included: (i) ten (10) nights twin- or triple-share accommodations, (ii) eleven (11) meals, as per itinerary (Trip ARV $1,399 per person)
• 2 x airfare credits for up to $1,000 ($2,000 total), only awarded if winner books airfares with Contiki, for use on airfare from the major gateway nearest winners’ home to London and departing London back to the major gateway nearest winners’ home. The winner will be solely responsible for his/her own transportation to and from winner’s home airport. (Total ARV $2,399 per person including trip & airfare credit)
Winner and companion must be 18 to 35 years of age on the first day of travel. The winner will be solely responsible for his/her own transportation to/from the trip’s start and end cities. International flights are not included. Winner will also be responsible for all other expenditures not specifically mentioned on www.contiki.com (“Booking Conditions”) including, without limitation, airport taxes, airport transfers, passport and visa fees, insurance, laundry, phone calls, optional excursions, beverages, meals not detailed in the itinerary, special needs and services required by handicapped clients (see 5.3 under Vacation Details & Conditions), tips to trip managers, representatives, drivers and local guides, items of a personal nature, and excess baggage. Travel must take place on the August 18, 2018 departure of the Contiki Sounds Reading Festival trip. All travelers are responsible for ensuring that their passport is valid (and remains valid) for up to six-months after they return to the United States. The Grand Prize is subject to availability and blackout dates, which may include major U.S. holidays and other dates. Cancellation fees apply as outlined at http://www.contiki.com/booking-conditions. Contiki has the ultimate discretion in the scheduling of the Grand Prize trip. Grand Prize winner is responsible for 1) all travel documents including, without limitation, a current, valid passport or other travel documents acceptable to the airlines, the destination countries, Transportation Security Administration, and the US Government, as they apply, (2) all medical requirements, (3) respecting all local regulations and (4) for full compliance with the regulations of all venues. The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of $4,798. Should the value of the Grand prize be less than the ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and has no cash value. Accommodations based on availability.
5. Selection of Winner: The winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Contiki based on eligible entries properly submitted between the Sweepstakes Open Time and the Sweepstakes Close Time. The prize drawing for the Sweepstakes will be held at 801 E. Katella, Anaheim, CA 92805 on or about 12:00 p.m. PST on May 6, 2017.
6. Odds of Winning: Each entrant’s odds of winning are dependent on the aggregate number of eligible entries properly submitted between the Sweepstakes Open Time and the Sweepstakes Close Time. Entrants receive one entry into the Sweepstakes draw for every quiz question they answer correctly out of the 4 x quizzes accessible from the Website during the open dates and times (up to a maximum of 40 entries available). No purchase of any kind is necessary in order to enter the Sweepstakes or win any prize, and chances of winning are not enhanced by making any purchases.
7. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by Contiki, via e-mail, at the contact information provided at the time of entry. The winner will be required to respond to the e-mail notification to acknowledge receipt of Contiki’s notification and awarding of the prize. If no response is received by Contiki from the winner within two weeks after initial contact, the winner will forfeit their prize and there will be no re-draw or replacement winner. The winner will be required to prove eligibility to receive and claim any prize. All decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor and Contiki about the winners are final, binding and non-appealable. Sweepstakes Sponsor and Contiki are not responsible for any incorrect or illegible address information or the non-delivery of any prize resulting therefrom, or for any unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Contiki by mail if the entrant changes his/her email address. (To do so, send notification to: 801 E Katella, Anaheim, CA, 92805. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized accountholder of the e-mail account.
8. Limits of Liability: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sweepstakes Sponsor and Contiki has no responsibility whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind that result from entrance into the Sweepstakes or receipt, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. Sweepstakes Sponsor and Contiki assume no liability for lost or misdirected entry forms regardless of the circumstances.
a. Sweepstakes Sponsor maintains no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing service, products, or accommodations as a part of the prize packages including, without limitation, Contiki. Sweepstakes Sponsor shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Contiki or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by Contiki, (3) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Sponsor or (4) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sweepstakes Sponsor.
b. Contiki maintains no control over the personnel, equipment, or products as a part of the prize packages including, without limitation, Sweepstakes Sponsor. Contiki shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Sweepstakes Sponsor or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any equipment, instrumentality, service, or product, that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by Sweepstakes Sponsor (3) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Contiki or (4) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of Contiki.
c. Contiki reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes at any time if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is, in Contiki’s sole and absolute discretion, compromised in any way. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and hold Sweepstakes Sponsor and Contiki harmless from and against any and all damages and claims of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from entrance in the Sweepstakes/Contest, or receipt, acceptance, possession or use of any prize. Contiki reserves the right to substitute a prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value in Contiki’s sole and absolute discretion.
d. All entries become the sole property of Contiki, and Contiki assumes no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries. Contiki reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes should cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contiki corrupt the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to deliberately damage the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Contiki reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
9. Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California, County of Orange. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sweepstakes Sponsor and/or Contiki in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, County of Orange, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, County of Orange or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California, County of Orange.
10. Winner Responsibilities: Winner will be required to sign and return an IRS W9 form within four weeks of notification before choosing or departing on the winning trip. Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred as a result of or relating to the awarding or use of any prize. Entry into the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to be entrant’s consent and authorization to (i) the use of entrant’s name, address (city and state only) and any other information submitted by entrant for commercial, advertising and promotional purposes in perpetuity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and (ii) the use of entrant’s address to receive marketing and other emails from Contiki and their affiliates. In addition, by entering the Sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read, understood and accepted these Official Rules.
11. Winner Publicity: Contiki will publish the first name, last name and location (city/state) of the winner on the websites located at: http://www.contiki.com and http://www.contiki.com/six-two/. To obtain the winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Contiki Marketing, 801 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, CA, 92805.
12. Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Contiki Marketing, 801 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, CA 92805 with a written request postmarked by May 2, 2017.
13. General: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decision of Contiki, which shall be final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes shall be void where prohibited by law.
14. Privacy: Contiki may use any of the entrant’s personal information submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes per the terms of the privacy policies located at: http://contiki.com/pages/257-legal-stuff-how-your-information-is-used.