Information on how to enter the ‘Contiki UGC competition’ (‘The Contest’) and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Contest is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or to win a prize, and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
Eligibility of entry: Entry is open to all residents worldwide aged eighteen (18) and over at time of entry (‘Eligible Entrants’), with the exception of residents of Quebec (Canada). Employees of Contiki Vacations/Contiki Holidays (‘The Promoter’ or “Sponsor”), The Travel Corporation Limited, their subsidiaries and affiliates, suppliers, Tour Operators and any of their employees or contractors, advertising and promotion agencies associated with this promotion, and the immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
How to enter: Eligible Entrants can enter the Contest by uploading their best travel photo via Instagram using #thisismycontiki
This is a game of skill and all valid entries and photos will be judged against their quality and creativity by our panel of Contiki judges for the chance to win one (1) Grand Prize and (2) minor prizes.
Entries must be not reference illegal activity, sexual activity, violent acts or any content of a generally negative or anti-social nature. Eligible Entrants that submit an entry that references one or more of these acts, or which is deemed unfeasible by The Promoter will be disqualified from the competition. The Promoter’s decision is final.
Contest Period: The Contest entry period begins Monday 15th of January 2018, 9:00AM UTC/GMT +11 hours and ends at 11:59PM UTC/GMT +11 hours on February 2nd 2018.
The Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the participant whose photo deemed most inspirational or creative by our Contiki judges. The prize will be for the selected prize winner to be placed on a Contiki Trip in Europe, with hotel accommodation and up to a maximum of 14 days. The prize will exclude air fare and third party trips.
The minor prize: Two (2) Minor Prizes of equal value will be awarded to the runner ups whose photo also deemed most inspirational or creative by our Contiki judges. The prize will go towards any Contiki trips 7-days or more. The prize will exclude free time add ons, air fare and third party trips.
Winners of the Grand Prize will be notified by the Promoter within ten working days of the close of the Contest.
The Grand Prizes is as follows:
1. One (1) Grand Prize for one (1) space/person on a Contiki trip in Europe, with hotel accommodation and up to a maximum of 14 days, excluding air fare and third party trips.
2. What’s Included: Up to fourteen (14) nights twin or triple-share accommodation; some meals: some continental breakfasts, some three course dinners (based on the chosen trip itinerary); an experienced, professional tour manager; transport on an air-conditioned coach; and sightseeing tours of all major areas as per the itinerary.
3. Maximum prize value: $3,000 USD
The minor Prizes is as follows:
1. Two (2) minor prizes for two(2) people and runner ups to put towards any Contiki trip 7-days or more. This will exclude any short-stays and festivals trips.
2. Maximum prize value: $500 USD vouchers per minor prize winner
1. The Grand Prize is strictly subject to availability and restrictions may apply on the chosen departure date. The Grand Prize trip must be completed by 31st December 2018. Other restrictions and blackout dates, including, but not limited to, Public Holidays and Peak seasons, may apply.
2. To travel on a Contiki trip the Winner must be aged between eighteen (18) years of age and thirty-five (35) years of age at time of travel. If the winner is aged over thirty-five (35) years of age at the time of entry The Prize will be the entitlement to gift to any person of their choice aged between eighteen (18) and thirty-five (35) years of age at the time of travel (the ‘Prize Recipient’), a gift of the recipients’ choice of Contiki tour up to fourteen (14) nights twin or triple-share accommodation; some meals: some continental breakfasts, some three course dinners (based on the chosen trip itinerary); an experienced, professional tour manager; transport on an air-conditioned coach; and sightseeing tours of all major areas as per the itinerary up to a maximum value of $5,000 USD.
3.The Grand Prize is not transferable, and cannot be extended, substituted or exchanged in part or full, or taken with any related or unrelated companies. The Grand Prize cannot be rescheduled once booked.
4. Air fare, ground transportation, port and other taxes, meals, beverages, gratuities, optional excursions, personal expenses, travel insurance, airport transfers, pre or post night accommodation and all other incidental expenses incurred on the trip that are not specifically provided for herein, and any costs associated with any changes requested by winner after any prize component has been booked are solely the responsibility of the winner to pay. It is the winners’ responsibility and cost to obtain the necessary documents for travel, such as passport and visas.
5. The Promoter will not be responsible if the winners are refused entry to any destination and any unused portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited. The Promoter will also not be responsible for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason beyond its control.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the Grand Prize. Should the value of the Grand Prize be less than the value stated in these Terms and Conditions, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.
Any questions should be directed to Contiki Holidays / Contiki Vacations. All federal, provincial, and municipal taxes associated with the receipt or use of the Grand Prize is the sole responsibility of the winners.
Winning entry and notification:
i. The winning entry will be based on the photo that is deemed the most inspirational or creative as judged by a Contiki panel.
ii. Winners will be determined by Contiki Holidays within 1 week of the completion of The Contest. Winner will be contacted via the email address provided in the contest entry
iii. The Winner will be required to sign and return a declaration confirming acceptance of the prize and competition Terms and Conditions.
iv. Winners will be required to provide their full name, location, and any related photos for use in any advertising or publicity, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and entry into The Contest is deemed to be consent and authorisation. Non-winning entrants will not be notified.
v.The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
Validity of entry: The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusion of Liability: Entrants agree that the Promoter (A) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize(s), and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose, other than where the Promoter has been found to be negligent by a court of law. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature other than where the Promoter has been found to be negligent by a court of law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due Submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information other than where the Promoter has been found to be negligent by a court of law. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsors are prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Contest as described herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial or municipal government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsors will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
General conditions: All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant(s). This Contest is subject to English law as applicable herein. By entering this Contest electronically and voluntarily providing your personal information, entrants explicitly consent and agree to the Sponsors’ collection and use of the entrant’s information for the administration of this Contest and also explicitly consent to the Sponsors’ use of entrant information for marketing and promotional purposes including printing the images submitted on a Contiki coach. Entrant’s information may be revoked at any time (without revoking entrant’s participation in the Contest or impairing entrant’s chances of winning) by writing to the Sponsors at the address below.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Terms and Conditions, including eligibility requirements. Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, members, dealers, advertisers, franchisees, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest, including the awarding, use or misuse of any prize awarded, from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Grand Prize.
The Sponsors are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Terms and Conditions. No responsibility will be taken by the Sponsors for lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release Forms.
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion; to cancel or suspend this Contest without notice should any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
This Contest is subject to English law as applicable herein.
Sponsors: Contiki Tours International Limited, Picquet House, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1AF, Channel Islands. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook and Instagram.