(Start Darwin - Until March 2020)
The one that gives you wildlife, ancient local culture & 3 nights at Uluru
Visiting Darwin, Kakadu National Park, Uluru, Litchfield National Park, Alice Springs
Is this trip for me?
Max 20 people
Mini-Coach + Internal Flights
- Only $200 deposit to book
- Part pay financing available with UpLift
- No change fees
- No booking fees
8 nights accommodation
1 night in Resort, 2 nights in Hostel, 2 nights in Contiki Special Stay, 3 nights in Lodge
6 Breakfast, 2 Dinner
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
14 included, 8 optional that you can add
- Dare to experience the ‘Cage of Death’ with Australia’s famous reptiles at Crocosaurus Cove
- Take a refreshing dip in the cascading crystal clear waters of Florence Falls
- Witness sunrise at Uluru followed by The Olgas (Kata Tjuta) and the Valley of the Winds
- Uncover local aboriginal culture before visiting Nourlangie Rock’s awe-inspiring ancient rock art
- Experience two local specialties, ‘bush tucker’ and boomerang throwing at Pudakul
- Snooze amongst natural splendour at our Special Stay Bush Bungalow in Kakadu National Park
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Outback Adventure (Start Darwin - Until March 2020)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- Take a dip surrounded by the cascading Florence Falls, Kakadu (seasonal)
- Enjoy a swim at Florence Falls
- Visit a Cultural Centre
- Hike to see the Aboriginal rock art at Nourlangie Rock
- Take a hike up to the jaw dropping Ubirr Lookout (seasonal)
- Aboriginal Experience at Pudakul
- Included flight: Darwin to Alice Springs
- BBQ Dinner
- Simpsons Gap
- Visit ANZAC Hill
- Indulge in a BBQ 'Big Brekkie'
- Day trip to Kings Canyon
- Sunrise at The Rock followed by The Olgas (Kata Tjuta) and the Valley of the Winds/Walpa Gorge
- Toast Uluru at sunset with drinks & nibbles
8 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Get up close to the largest crocs in Australia at Crocosaurus Cove in Darwin
- Face your fears as you swim with crocs in the Cage of Death at Crocosaurus Cove Darwin
- Visit the inspirational Royal Flying Doctors in Darwin
- Yellow Waters Cruise A$ 68.00
- Kakadu Scenic Flight From A$ 145.00
- See a different side of Uluru on a Segway tour A$ 140.00
- Uluru & the Olgas Scenic Flights From A$ 145.00
- Take a peaceful camel ride over the rich red sand dunes alongside Uluru A$ 125.00
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Australian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Australia & New Zealand. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa (if required) to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations change regularly, so make sure you stay up-to-date before you travel. See here for more info: https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas
It is also essential that you have any necessary vaccinations & comply with all laws of the countries visited.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Australia & New Zealand trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Australia & New Zealand. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it, like when you’re journeying into the bush, and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.