The one that says Bonjour, Ciao, Hola & Hallo to 11 countries in 19 days featuring Spain & The French Rivera
Visiting London, Amsterdam, Rhineland, Swiss Alps, Munich, Venice, Florence, French Riviera, Barcelona, Madrid, Pamplona, Bordeaux, Paris, Dover, Calais, Belgium, Heidelberg, Lucerne, Liechtenstein, Innsbruck, Pisa, Monaco, Zaragoza, San Sebastian
Is this trip for me?
- See Amsterdam's canals & gable houses by night
- Enjoy Amsterdam from the water on a canal cruise with an on-board bar
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Only $200 deposit to book
- Part pay financing available with UpLift
- No change fees
- No booking fees
19 nights accommodation
19 nights in Hotel
8 Dinner, 18 Breakfast
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
22 included, 16 optional that you can add
- Get the party started at our legendary Austrian Gasthof, nestled in the Alps
- Clap along to the cancan at the Nouvelle Eve cabaret show*
- Appreciate the olfactory arts at a fragrant French perfumery
- Sample escargot in Paris, washed down with a glass of French champagne
- Soar over snow capped Austrian mountains on a tandem paraglide*
- Witness the otherworldly beauty of the Jungfrau mountain range, Switzerland*
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Some are available to purchase while on the trip
See Amsterdam's canals & gable houses by night
See the Wooden Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
Visit a traditional beer hall
See the Golden Roof, Royal Palace & Olympic Ski Jump in Innsbruck
Enjoy Amsterdam from the water on a canal cruise with an on-board bar
Learn the art of pasta-making and enjoy your creations served in a 3-course dinner with wine in Certosa
Experiences that are included with your trip
- See Amsterdam's canals & gable houses by night
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- See the Wooden Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- See the Glockenspiel & Marienplatz
- Visit a traditional beer hall
- Visit the capital of Liechtenstein, Vaduz
- Scenic drive past vineyards, orchards & castles
- See the Golden Roof, Royal Palace & Olympic Ski Jump in Innsbruck
- Private boat through the canals & islands of Venice
- See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge's Palace & St. Mark's Square
- See Venice's iconic canals & gondolas
- See the Duomo, Basilica Santa Croce, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistery & Piazza della Signoria
- Leather craft demonstration
- Visit the iconic Tower of Pisa and pose for the classic insta snap
- See the Royal Palace in Monaco and the Monte Carlo casino
- Explore Barcelona's Gothic beauty on a walking tour including Las Ramblas
- See Gaudi's Sagrada Familia & the 1992 Olympic Games complex
- See the Gran Via, Royal Palace the Puerta del Sol & Plaza de Espana
- Visit the town famous for its wine
- Take a dreamy nighttime tour of the 'city of lights', Paris
- See the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs-Élysées, and Notre Dame Cathedral
- Get a view of Paris from the Montparnasse Tower
16 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Enjoy Amsterdam from the water on a canal cruise with an on-board bar EUR 31.50
- Take a cruise along the glittering Lake Lucerne, framed by the Swiss Alps EUR 24.00
- Swiss Mountain EUR 52.00
- Indulge in a traditional cheese fondue lunch EUR 38.00
- Take a funny and fascinating tour through Munich on two wheels with Mike's Bikes EUR 22.50
- Uncover a hidden Venice with an in-depth walking tour followed by an aperitivo EUR 17.00
- Glide down the canals of Venice on a traditional gondola EUR 23.00
- Feast on an authentic Venetian 3-course meal with specialities like antipasti & local seafood EUR 34.50
- Learn the art of pasta-making and enjoy your creations served in a 3-course dinner with wine in Certosa EUR 41.00
- Nice Bike Ride EUR 25.00
- Indulge in a French four-course spread in glamorous Monaco EUR 36.00
- Experience the passion of a flamenco show then top off the evening with some tapas EUR 64.00
- Guided tour of the Valley of the fallen EUR 19.00
- Eat a traditional Madrilenos feast including jamon and tortilla, Madrid EUR 37.50
- Toros y Tapas EUR 17.00
- Watch a succession of performers whirl by as you sip champagne at a Parisian Cabaret Show EUR 160.00
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain European trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Dependent on where you’re travelling and your nationality, you'll need a valid passport and may also need visas to enter into certain countries - please check this well in advance of your trip departure date. The majority of our Europe trips travel in countries that are covered by the Schengen Agreement which relates to visas. Citizens of many countries - e.g. Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada - can travel in the Schengen area without a visa. If you require a visa to enter the Schengen area you only need to obtain one visa which will allow you to travel in all Schengen countries. For non-Schengen countries, you may be able to obtain a visa upon arrival, depending on your nationality. Some countries also require passports to have 3-6 months left on them before the given expiry date, so be sure to double check this before booking your travels.
1. Visas can take up to six weeks & a fee is normally charged.
2. Failure to obtain all necessary visas could cause you to miss part or all of your trip & will result in you incurring considerable expense & inconvenience.
3. It is better to apply for all visas through your travel agent or local consular services before you leave home.
4. Contiki will provide you with visa contacts from our London base at the Royal National Hotel, if necessary.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our European trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) to be stored in the hold & one small day bag to take on board. Your day bag should be a backpack, duffel bag or satchel only (no small luggage cases or suitcases with wheels on board the coach).
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Europe. They know their way around better than google maps & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
What's not included that I should budget for?
Aside from essentials like flights, how much spending money you’ll need will depend on the duration of the trip and how much you anticipate spending on personal expenses like alcohol or shopping. Before you travel, it’s also a good idea to read up on and get an idea of the Free Time Add-Ons you think you’ll want to do on trip, as these will form part of your overall budget. We’d advise doing some research on your chosen European destinations beforehand, looking at things like:
- Cost of a local lunch
- Cost of a local dinner
- Cost of a local taxi
- Cost of entry to a sightseeing spot
In all areas of the service industry in Europe, from restaurants, bars, hotels & taxis, it is common practice to tip if you feel that the service received has been excellent.
The same goes for your Contiki Team. If you feel that your Trip Manager & Driver’s service has been exceptional, then feel free to tip them if you feel they’ve done a great job. If you choose to tip, we recommend around 2 Euros per day, however whether or not you choose to tip (& how much) is completely up to you.
Will I be able to access WiFi on my trip?
Yes! Our fleet of modern, sleek coaches are kitted out with WiFi, as are most hotels & hostels across the continent, so you’ll always be able to effortlessly get online and update everyone back home about your incredible adventure.
What are Contiki’s sustainability credentials?
We believe that travelling sustainably and consciously, matters. Contiki Cares is our commitment to protecting the communities we visit, the wildlife we interact with, and the planet we all share. Our founding partner, the TreadRight Foundation was established 10 years ago as a not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting sustainable tourism within The Travel Corporation’s family of brands. From street tours that support local residents, refugees and the vulnerably housed, to dining experiences that support local farmers, our consciouc travel experiences let you see things from a different perspective. Find out more at https://www.contiki.com/uk/en/about/contiki-cares.