Scandinavia & Russia Plus
(Until Sept 2019)
The one that scopes out Scandinavia combined with the best of Russia & Northern Europe
Visiting Berlin, Copenhagen, Oslo, Voss, Geiranger Fjord, Gjovik, Stockholm, Overnight Baltic Ferry, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Novgorod, Moscow, Minsk, Warsaw, Hardangervidda Region, Sognefjord, Lom, Lillehammer, Klin, Brest
Is this trip for me?
Average 45 people
- See the Little Mermaid, the Gefion Fountain and the Royal Palace
- Bike Tour
- Visit to Tivioli Fun Park
- Only $200 deposit to secure your spot today
- Full payment not required until 45 days before travel.
- Change your travel dates or even your trips for free
- Can't travel? Save your deposit for a new trip or gift it to a mate
We accept Mastercard, Visa, PayPal
22 nights accommodation
7 nights in Hostel, 14 nights in Hotel, 1 night in Overnight Cruise
10 Dinner, 21 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
23 included, 20 optional that you can add
- Take in the tumbling, twisting beauty of Tvindefossen falls, Norway
- Catch your breath as you cruise the spectacular Geiranger Fjord
- Experience the beauty of Oslo with a legendary Viking Biking tour*
- Be dazzled by the astonishing art, architecture and history of the Hermitage museum, St Petersburg
- Soak up centuries of history with a guided Moscow City tour, including Red Square, St Basil's Cathedral and Lenin's Mausoleum
- See the famed millennium bell of Novgorod and explore the gorgeous old town on a guided tour
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Scandinavia & Russia Plus (Until Sept 2019)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- See the Little Mermaid, the Gefion Fountain and the Royal Palace
- See Hamlet’s Kronberg Castle
- Visit Frogner Park, Oslo's Sculpture Garden
- Orientation tour of Oslo
- See the impressive Tvindefossen Waterfall
- See Sognefjord, the longest & most spectacular fjord in Norway
- See the incredible Boyabreen glacier near Skei
- Take in breathtaking views as you cruise the stunning Geiranger Fjord
- See one of the few remaining original medieval stave churches in Norway
- Visit the home of the 1994 Winter Olympics
- Scenic drive through unspoilt forests & lakes, known for bears, moose & wolves
- See Gamla Stan (the old town) & see the changing of the guard at the Royal Palace
- See the Uspenski Cathedral, Senate Square and the harbour
- Locally guided tour of Hermitage (Russia's Vatican art palace)
- Delve into Russia's royal past with a locally guided tour of Novgorod, one of its oldest cities
- See the Millennium Bell
- Guided city tour to see the Red Square, Kremlin & see Lenin's Masoleum and St. Basil's Cathedral
- Guided Tour of the Statue Park
- See the manicured gardens and pretty water features of Minsk in a locally guided tour
- Visit Brest fortress - one of the most important Soviet World War II war monuments
- Take a locally guided tour of the richly historical city of Warsaw, Poland
- Visit the old town, the monument to Chopin & hear tales of the Warsaw uprisings
- A farewell dinner as we say goodbye to Poland
20 Free Time Add-Ons
The things that worth to be done on this trip
- Bike Tour
- Visit to Tivioli Fun Park 50.00
- Take a bike tour through Oslo's lush parks and fjords with Viking Biking EUR 36.00
- Bobsledding on the Lillehammer Olympic Track EUR 28.00
- Ice Bar EUR 21.00
- Gamla Stan traditional swedish meatball Dinner, Stockholm EUR 40
- Sing your favourite hits as you whirl through the ABBA Museum EUR 25.00
- Enjoy an authentic Scandinavian Smorgasbord Dinner on an overnight cruise EUR 42.50
- Visit the Vasa Museum in Stockholm EUR 22.00
- Canal Cruise EUR 17.00
- Russian Folklore Evening EUR 42.00
- Watch a traditional Russian Ballet in St. Petersburg EUR 75-80
- Visit the beautiful but haunting Fortress of Peter & Paul, St Petersburg EUR 13.00
- Enjoy traditional Russian food in the beautiful city of St. Petersburg EUR 27.00
- Get the inside story on the 900-day repeal of the Nazis during WWII with a locally guided tour of the Siege of Leningrad Memorial EUR 9.00
- Moscows Bunker 42 EUR 29.00
- Take a tour of the Kremlin Armoury, one of the oldest museums in Russia EUR 32.00
- Tour Moscow's historical communist-era Metro, now also a living art gallery EUR 5.00
- Eat some traditional Russian recipes in the homes of locals in Moscow EUR 48.00
- Chopin Piano recital, Warsaw EUR 29.00
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain European trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Dependent on where you’re travelling and your nationality, you'll need a valid passport and may also need visas to enter into certain countries - please check this well in advance of your trip departure date. The majority of our Europe trips travel in countries that are covered by the Schengen Agreement which relates to visas. Citizens of many countries - e.g. Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada - can travel in the Schengen area without a visa. If you require a visa to enter the Schengen area you only need to obtain one visa which will allow you to travel in all Schengen countries. For non-Schengen countries, you may be able to obtain a visa upon arrival, depending on your nationality. Some countries also require passports to have 3-6 months left on them before the given expiry date, so be sure to double check this before booking your travels.
1. Visas can take up to six weeks & a fee is normally charged.
2. Failure to obtain all necessary visas could cause you to miss part or all of your trip & will result in you incurring considerable expense & inconvenience.
3. It is better to apply for all visas through your travel agent or local consular services before you leave home.
4. Contiki will provide you with visa contacts from our London base at the Royal National Hotel, if necessary.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our European trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) to be stored in the hold & one small day bag to take on board. Your day bag should be a backpack, duffel bag or satchel only (no small luggage cases or suitcases with wheels on board the coach).
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Europe. They know their way around better than google maps & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
What's not included that I should budget for?
Aside from essentials like flights, how much spending money you’ll need will depend on the duration of the trip and how much you anticipate spending on personal expenses like alcohol or shopping. Before you travel, it’s also a good idea to read up on and get an idea of the Free Time Add-Ons you think you’ll want to do on trip, as these will form part of your overall budget. We’d advise doing some research on your chosen European destinations beforehand, looking at things like:
- Cost of a local lunch
- Cost of a local dinner
- Cost of a local taxi
- Cost of entry to a sightseeing spot
In all areas of the service industry in Europe, from restaurants, bars, hotels & taxis, it is common practice to tip if you feel that the service received has been excellent.
The same goes for your Contiki Team. If you feel that your Trip Manager & Driver’s service has been exceptional, then feel free to tip them if you feel they’ve done a great job. If you choose to tip, we recommend around 2 Euros per day, however whether or not you choose to tip (& how much) is completely up to you.
Will I be able to access WiFi on my trip?
Yes! Our fleet of modern, sleek coaches are kitted out with WiFi, as are most hotels & hostels across the continent, so you’ll always be able to effortlessly get online and update everyone back home about your incredible adventure.
What are Contiki’s sustainability credentials?
We believe that travelling sustainably and consciously, matters. Contiki Cares is our commitment to protecting the communities we visit, the wildlife we interact with, and the planet we all share. Our founding partner, the TreadRight Foundation was established 10 years ago as a not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting sustainable tourism within The Travel Corporation’s family of brands. From street tours that support local residents, refugees and the vulnerably housed, to dining experiences that support local farmers, our consciouc travel experiences let you see things from a different perspective. Find out more at https://www.contiki.com/uk/en/about/contiki-cares.