(Until Feb 2021)
The one that serves up Mexico in all its glory over 14 fabulous days. Viva Mexico!
Visiting Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, Guanajuato, Mexico City, Merida, Cancun, Tequila, San Miguel de Allende, Chichen Itza
Is this trip for me?
Max 30 people
- Only $200 deposit to book
Pay over time, interest free
- No booking fee, no change fees
- Financing available with UpLift
11 nights accommodation
11 nights in Hotel
4 Dinner, 11 Breakfast
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
15 included, 5 optional that you can add
- Sample tequila in the Mexican town of Tequila with a visit to an authentic distillery
- Be awed by the mummies, markets and mouthwatering regional dishes in a guided tour of Guanajuato
- Uncover the quirks and magic of Mexico City, including a trajinera boat ride and plenty of tacos
- Explore ancient Mayan ruins with a locally guided tour of the mystical Chichen Itza
- Take a refreshing dip in one of Mexico's iconic cenotes surrounded by lush foilage
- Get into the Cancun's party vibes & relax on the white sand beaches of Playa del Carmen
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Mexico Grande (Until Feb 2021)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- Beachfront Dinner in Puerto Vallarta
- Experience Ceboruco and the panoramic pictures
- Visit of a Tequila distillery with tasting in Guadalajara
- Guided City Tour of Guadalajara
- Walking tour of Guanajuato
- Visit the Hidalgo Market
- Food tasting at local market in Mexico City
- Guided Tour of Teotihuacan
- Walking tour of Merida's sights
- Walking tour of Merida's sights
- Included flight to Merida
- Locally guided tour of the ancient ruins of Chichen Itza
- Refrenshing cenote swim
- Relax on the white sand beaches
- Sunset Beach Dinner in Cancun
5 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Extreme Zipline Adventure in Puerto Vallarta US98.00
- Pirate of the Bay Dinner & Show in Puerto Vallarta US$91.50
- Day Trip to Yelapa and Majahuitas $68.00
- Sayulita Escape day trip in Puerto Vallarta
- Jungle Maya Expedition & Zipline US$110.00
Nights spent per location
San Miguel de Allende
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Latin America trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter certain countries on your
trip. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas that are required prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa to join a trip. Visa and other entry & exit conditions (such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs and quarantine regulations) do change regularly.
Your passport must have at least six months’ validity remaining when you arrive. Local immigration authorities may deny entry and deport people who do not meet this requirement, even if they only intend to stay for a short period. Important to consider:
• Visas can take up to six weeks and a fee is normally charged.
• Failure to obtain all necessary visas could cause you to miss part of your trip and will result in
you incurring considerable expense and inconvenience.
• It is better for you to apply for all visas before you leave home.
• It is very important that the entry and exit dates are correct on the visa.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Latin America trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max. weight of 20kg (44lbs). As with our other regions, luggage is restricted to only one reasonably sized backpack/suitcase plus one carry-on bag, and luggage policies are strictly enforced on our trips. Due to the large number of flights on Contiki Latin America trips, your luggage needs to meet the size and weight restrictions imposed by airlines. These limits are imposed by the airlines, not by Contiki. Check out www.lan.com for more.
On some of our trips, it is necessary to use an overnight bag on the occasional nights when it’s not possible to unload your bags from the coach (like our Peru Jungle Lodge & at Machu Picchu). It’s a good idea to bring an overnight bag, or hand luggage that’s big enough to double up as an overnighter when needed.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Our team in Latin America are all genuine Latin locals, and they can’t wait to show you their backyard. Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
What's not included that I should budget for?
There are loads of great things to spend your money on while you’re in Latin America – from a day trip to a beautiful coastal town, to a special dinner or an outfit that you just can’t resist... So how much money should you bring?
Remember your trip already includes plenty of things such as breakfast every day, many meals, lots of sightseeing, guided tours & activities & much more
Before you travel, it’s a good idea to read up on and get an idea of the Free Time Add-Ons you think you’ll want to do on trip, as these will form part of your overall budget. We’d advise doing some research on your chosen destinations beforehand, looking at things like:
- Cost of a local lunch
- Cost of a local dinner
- Cost of a local taxi
- Cost of entry to a sightseeing spot
Will I be able to access WiFi on my trip?
Contiki’s Latin America accommodation is almost all hotels on a twin-share basis. You will stay in centrally located 3-star hotels & resorts that have been chosen for their particular character, charm, location & style. They’re all very comfortable & have some great amenities, like WiFi and en-suite bathrooms.
What are Contiki’s sustainability credentials?
We believe that travelling sustainably and consciously, matters. Contiki Cares is our commitment to protecting the communities we visit, the wildlife we interact with, and the planet we all share. Our founding partner, the TreadRight Foundation was established 10 years ago as a not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting sustainable tourism within The Travel Corporation's family of brands. From our Me To We volunteering trip in Ecuador to the shark saver initiative in the Galapagos, our projects in Latin America are all about giving something back. Find out more at https://www.contiki.com/uk/en/about/contiki-cares.