(Christchurch to Auckland Summer)
The one that brings you to the heart of kiwi culture with hangi, spa, and wildlife galore…
Visiting Christchurch, Lake Ohau, Te Anau, Queenstown, Franz Josef Glacier, Wellington, Mount Ruapehu, Lake Taupo, Rotorua, Auckland, Lake Tekapo, Arrowtown, Milford Sound, Wanaka, Haast Pass, Hokitika, Arthurs Pass, Kaikoura, Picton, Huka Falls
Is this trip for me?
Average 45 people
- Only $200 deposit to book
Pay over time, interest free
- No booking fee, no change fees
- Financing available with UpLift
15 nights accommodation
7 nights in Lodge, 7 nights in Hotel, 1 night in Contiki Special Stay
5 Dinner, 15 Breakfast
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
17 included, 32 optional that you can add
- Be floored by the beauty of the Milford Sound fjord, witnessing cascading waterfalls and sheer cliffs on a guided cruise
- Combine an exhilarating helicopter ride above the Franz Josef glacier with an icy once-in-a-lifetime hike*
- Sample a glass of world class Sauvignon Blanc with a tour of a Queenstown vinyard
- Take on the thrill of a hair-raising river rapids ride on the Shotover Jet boat, Queenstown*
- Get a behind the scenes look at mustering sheep on horseback at an authentic, family-run merino farm, Te Anau
- Explore the pristine waters of the Mt Aspiring National Park on a Funyak kayaking tour*
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Kiwiana Panorama (Christchurch to Auckland Summer)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- See the peak of Mt Cook from across the beautiful blue glacial Lake Ohau
- See the historic Church of the Good Shepard
- Stop at Lake Pukaki, Lake Tekapo & Geraldine
- Experience rural NZ country life with a farm visit in Te Anau
- Cruise the glassy waters of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Milford Sound
- Stop at AJ Hackett's Kawarau Bridge
- View a native greenstone carving demonstration in the goldrush town of Hokitika
- Spectacular drive along the Kaikoura Coast & visit to a seal colony
- Tuck into coffee and cake in one of Wellington's cafes, including a 'Heart parcels' brownie with proceeds going towards supporting the homeless
- Join our 2019 Changemaker Parris Quinn in handing out 'Heart Parcels' food to Wellington's homeless (from Oct 2020 - selected departures)
- Check out the cafe & restaurant scene in Wellington, voted the coolest little capital in the world
- See more of the sights made famous in the "The Lord of the Rings"
- See an active stratovolcano with Mt Ruapehu
- Take a behind the scenes tour of the of a Kiwi conservation project at the Rainbow Springs Kiwi Encounter
- See (and smell) Rotorua's bubbling geothermic mud pools
- Experience a traditional Maori cultural performance and feast on a ground-smoked hangi dinner
- Visit Hobbiton and take a guided tour of the set made famous by the "Lord of the Rings & Hobbit" movies
32 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Grand Traverse Scenic Flight NZ$340
- Cruise Fiordland National Park on a guided jet boat trip followed by an optional cycle ride
- Be awed by the magical twinkle of the Te Anau glowworm caves NZ$98
- Group Photograph NZ$19
- Queenstown Wine Trail
- Swing through the tree tops on a Ziptrek Zipline tour in Queenstown NZ$189
- Enjoy dinner with unparallelled views at Queenstown's Skyline restaurant NZ$85
- Canyon Swing NZ$215
- Funyaks NZ$359
- Take your happy hour in sub-zero temperatures at Queenstown's Ice Bar experience NZ$20
- Canyon Fox NZ$150
- Take the plunge on the world's OG bungy at Kawarau Bridge, Queenstown NZ$205
- Jump off the third highest bungy platform in the world at AJ Hackett's Nevis Bungy in Queenstown NZ$275
- Get a thrilling perspective of Queenstown's skyline with the famous AJ Hackett Ledge bungy NZ$205
- Go all out with Thrillogy - 3 of Queenstown's world class bungy jumps including the historic Kawarau Bungy, the freestyle Ledge Bungy, and the hair-raising Nevis Bungy NZ$420
- Take the swing of your life on the 300m Nevis Swing, one of the world's biggest canyon swings in Queenstown NZ$210
- Get your adrenalin pumping with AJ Hackett's Ledge Swing with sweeping views of Queenstown NZ$165
- Queenstown Adventurer Canyoning NZ$199
- Take the plunge on the world's OG bungy at Kawarau Bridge, Queenstown NZ$205
- Glacier Country Kayaks NZ$115
- Across Country Quad Bikes NZ$160
- Scenic Helicopter Flight and Glacier Landing From NZ$245
- Helihike NZ$439
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant using traditional Māori methods with a master carver at Franz Josef
- Wellington Dinner NZ$49
- OGO Ball From NZ$35
- Experience the rush of a Huka Falls Jet boat ride NZ$115
- Go white water rafting down the crashing Kaituna River NZ$99
- Hike the unique volcanic landscape of Mt Tarawera, Rotorua NZ$149
- Explore native rainforest at dawn with breakfast & coffee followed by ziplining on a Contiki Exclusive Rotorua Rainforest Canopy tour NZ$149
- Cook your kai (food) the traditional way over an active steam vent at Te Puia Maori Village, followed by a guided tour & hands-on weaving experience NZ$84
- Get a multi-sensory icecream extravaganza with a Giapo Chef's Table icecream experience NZ$45
Nights spent per location
Franz Josef Glacier
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Australian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Australia & New Zealand. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa (if required) to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions such as currency, arrival/ departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations change regularly, so make sure you stay up-to-date before you travel. See here for more info: https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas
It is also essential that you have any necessary vaccinations & comply with all laws of the countries visited.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Australia & New Zealand trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in Australia & New Zealand. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it, like when you’re journeying into the bush, and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
How do I redeem the % off deal?
Our great deals and offers are only in market for a limited time are subject to pay in full deadlines. If you cannot pay in full by the specified date shown alongside the offer/deal you can still lock in the trip date of your choice at our Standard Price where normal payment terms of pay in full 45 days prior to your trip departing apply. Visit the deals page for the full terms & conditions. Discounts apply to the land portion of your trip price only (this excludes taxes, included flight costs, extra accommodation & optional activities. Your trip price does not include the costs of international flights that start or end your trip).