(Start New York City - From April 2020)
THE ONE THAT GIVES YOU SIZZLING BBQS, QUAINT CITY SQUARES & THE SWEET SOUNDS OF SOUTHERN JAZZ
Visiting New York City, Washington DC, Richmond, Asheville, Savannah, St Augustine, Miami, Orlando, Panama City Beach, New Orleans, Memphis, Dallas, Amarillo, Albuquerque, Durango, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Tallahassee, Santa Fe, Monument Valley, Route 66, Mojave Desert
Is this trip for me?
- Segway city tour
- Asheville Food Tour
- See the Biltmore Estate
- Only $200 deposit to secure your spot today
- Full payment not required until 45 days before travel.
- Change your travel dates or even your trips for free
- Can't travel? Save your deposit for a new trip or gift it to a mate
We accept Mastercard, Visa, PayPal
25 nights accommodation
25 nights in Hotel
9 Dinner, 17 Breakfast
Expert Trip Manager, Driver and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
26 included, 25 optional that you can add
TOP EXPERIENCES ON THIS TRIP:
-Explore Washington DC and visit the world famous Smithsonian museums
-Get stuck into the stunning mountain city of Asheville with a delectable foodie tour
- Get the party started in the city where the heat is on with a Miami party cruise*
-Live your wizarding dreams in the magical world of Universal Studios, Orlando*
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Travel through the USA doesn't get any grander than this. This sprawling adventure takes you from the grandeur of NYC through DC, the quaint mountain beauty of Asheville, the sun-soaked party scene of Miami, the smooth jazz of New Orleans and the gob-smacking Grand Canyon, before winding up in the glitz and glamour of Vegas. Welcome to the Great American Road Trip - the open road has never felt so good.
Request more info
Grand Southern (Start New York City - From April 2020)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- Asheville Food Tour
- See the famous Art Deco architecture
- Cuban meal group dinner
- Transfers to the amusement parks
- Walking Tour of the French Quarter with tasting of pralines & beignets
- Enjoy the nightlife of Bourbon Street
- Rock & Soul Museum tour
- See the Staxx Records Soul Museum
- Visit Graceland
- Visit Fort Worth Stockyards
- Visit the John F. Kennedy 6th Floor Museum
- Visit Dealey Plaza
- See a Cattle Drive
- Visit Little Rock High School Historic Site
- Experience Big Texan culture & food.
- Visit the Cadillac Ranch
- Drive through the Rocky Mountains
- Entry into Grand Canyon National Park
- Stop for photos & souvenirs on Route 66
- Drive through Monument Valley in a 4x4
- Entry into Monument Valley Tribal Park
- Sunset along on the Grand Canyon's rim
- City sightseeing tour
- Visit Fremont Street for the light-and-laser show
- Non stop nightlife
- Experience some of the world's largest hotels & casinos
25 Free Time Add-Ons
The things that worth to be done on this trip
- Segway city tour
- See the Biltmore Estate
- Miami Party Cruise USD $60.00
- Bike tour of South Beach USD $35.00
- Universal Studios USD $179.00
- Taste of New Orleans USD $33.00
- New Orleans School of Cooking USD $35.00
- Airboat Swamp Tour USD $60.00
- Visit the legendary Sun Studios USD $12.00
- Cowboy Stadium Tour (including transportation) USD $35.00
- Visit the 6th Floor Museum
- Hot Air Balloon USD$195.00
- Rafting (seasonal) USD $32.00
- Horse Back Trail Ride (Seasonal) USD $89.00
- Snowmobiles - Single or Double Rider (seasonal) Single - USD $88.00, Double USD $101.00
- Jeep ride Seasonal
- Grand Canyon Biking (seasonal) USD $45.00
- Helicopter Flight - Imperial
- Helicopter Flight - North Canyon USD $186.00
- Group Photo USD $15.00
- VIP club entry
- Cirque du’ Soleil show USD $87.00
- VIP club entry
- High Roller Anytime USD $32.00
- Heli Flight
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain American trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter the USA and Canada on your trip. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. You can find more info at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa to join a trip. Visa and other entry & exit conditions (such as currency, arrival/departure taxes, customs and quarantine regulations) do change regularly.
Your passport must have at least six months’ validity remaining when you arrive. Local immigration authorities may deny entry and deport people who do not meet this requirement, even if they only intend to stay for a short period. Important to consider:
• Visas can take up to six weeks and a fee is normally charged
• Failure to obtain all necessary visas could cause you to miss part of
your trip and will result in you incurring considerable expense and
• It is better for you to apply for all visas before you leave home
• It is essential that the entry and exit dates are correct on the visa
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our American trips you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73 x 50 x 25 cm (or 29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20 kg (44 lbs) & one piece of hand luggage.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood. Their passion for getting you in the know on every single detail of America is what makes our travellers walk away from their experience knowing that they made every moment count. Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Your Drivers are the experts on getting you from A to B efficiently and safely in North America. They know their way around like the back of their hands & they’ll drop you at your door & unload your bags for you. Local guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
What's not included that I should budget for?
Aside from essentials like flights, how much spending money you’ll need will depend on the duration of the trip and how much you anticipate spending on personal expenses like alcohol or shopping. Before you travel, it’s also a good idea to read up on and get an idea of the Free Time Add-Ons you think you’ll want to do on trip, as these will form part of your overall budget. We’d advise doing some research on your chosen destinations beforehand, looking at things like:
- Cost of a local lunch
- Cost of a local dinner
- Cost of a bottle of water
- Cost of entry to a sightseeing spot
Tipping is customary in North America. It is an accepted practice in all areas of the service industry, & particularly in restaurants, bars, hotels & taxis. It’s common practice to tip if you feel that the service provided has been excellent.
The same goes for your Contiki Team. If you feel that your Trip Manager & Driver’s service has been exceptional, then feel free to tip them if you feel they’ve done a great job. If you choose to tip, we recommend around US$3 per person per day, however whether or not you choose to tip (& how much) is up to you.
Will I be able to access WiFi on my trip?
We love WiFi, and keeping your accounts updated as you travel is key! The hotels all have WiFi where you can access your email to let your friends & family know you have arrived safely in Los Angeles, or email after your trip with all your stories.
What are Contiki’s sustainability credentials?
We believe that travelling sustainably and consciously, matters. Contiki Cares is our commitment to protecting the communities we visit, the wildlife we interact with, and the planet we all share. Our founding partner, the TreadRight Foundation was established 10 years ago as a not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting sustainable tourism within The Travel Corporation’s family of brands. In the USA & Canada we have programmes such as our Wheels For Change program, FareStart’s flagship restaurant in Seattle, and the Manitobah Mukluks Storyboot in Toronto. To find out more about our conscious travel experiences in North America, visit Contiki.com/about/contikicares.