You will visit: British Columbia & Alberta, including Whistler, Kamloops, Jasper, Banff, Vernon & Vancouver
Chill out & challenge yourself in Canada's dynamic duo of provinces: Alberta & British Columbia. The diverse physical beauty from Vancouver to Whistler to Banff features the greatest of the great outdoors. Take a hike or ride a bike along the many scenic, wildlife-laced trails. Better yet, we'll put you on a gondola, horseback, helicopter, or whatever improves your views point for the endless, to-die-for photo opportunities.
Top Offers & Tour Notes
Itinerary + Backstage Pass & ME Time Optionals
ME Time Optionals
ME Time optionals will take your trip to a whole new level with unforgettable experiences unique to the places you visit. See more, do more, live more & go home completely regret-free. Costs for these aren’t included in your tour cost & are payable to your Tour Manager in local currency.
Your Backstage Pass gives you incredible exclusive experiences you’ll only get with Contiki. From food to accommodation to exclusive access to the best sights, your Backstage Pass gives you unbeatable value & a completely unique travel experience.
Meet up with your fellow travellers, Tour Manager and Driver in gorgeous Vancouver. With beaches, forests and mountains, this town is all about location and fusing big-city living with an outdoor lifestyle.
Today we wind our way along the spectacular cliff-top Sea to Sky highway and arrive in Whistler, one of the most popular ski resorts in North America and home to the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Drive the scenic Sea to Sky Highway
- See Whistler & Blackcomb Mountains
- Zip Line CAD $135.00
Today, you’ve got time to get into some alpine activities and experience Whistlers’ high-energy action. Choose to have a go with the paddle and get out on the water in a canoe excursion along the River of Golden Dreams.
With lots of trails to choose from, Whistler is a hiker’s heaven. For those wanting vistas of the spectacular surrounds but not wanting to work up a sweat, choose a gondola or chairlift ride to the top for amazing views. Otherwise, kick back and take in the natural surroundings back at the hotel or walk around the quaint village of Whistler.
- Enjoy the shopping & activities in and around the quaint village
- Hike one of Whistlers' many trails
- Canoe Excursion CAD $68.00
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola CAD $45.00
- Mountain Biking CAD $50.00
Leaving the mountains behind, we make our way to the desert and to Canada’s impressive interior. Passing the picture-perfect Seton Lake, we’ll make a stop in Lillooet, a former gold rush town.
We travel on to our next night stop, Kamloops, sitting at the confluence of 2 rivers. Once a former meeting point for traders, it continues to serve as a stop over point for travelers and still has touches of the Wild West.
- Scenic drive through the Lillooet Mountain Range
- See Seton Lake reservoir & picturesque Lillooet, Duffey & Kamloops Lakes
Sticking to the famous Yellowhead Highway, we stop off at the highest peak of the Rockies, Mt Robson. Get your blood pumping in a thrilling white-water rafting optional on the Fraser River. Then pull into small-town Jasper and kick back in the Rockies’ largest national park – our home for the next two nights.
- Scenic drive along the Yellowhead Highway into the Rocky Mountains
- View Mt. Robson, the highest point in the Canadian Rockies (weather permitting)
- Stay in Jasper National Park
- Get back to nature as you picnic in the Rocky Mountains
- Rafting CAD $86.00
We drive through the wild beauty of Jasper National Park to Maligne Lake, known for its stunning scenery and vivid colors. There’s a chance to take in the snow capped mountains from the water and visit iconic Spirit Island on an optional cruise.
Later, your Tour Manager will take you for an easy-going hike through the Maligne Canyon, an impressive limestone gorge – the result of years of raging waters.
Use your free time to make the most of lesser-known Jasper Park. With 1000kms of trails, from hour loops to day hikes, it’s easy to get off the beaten track and into nature.
- Visit Maligne Canyon, the deepest & longest limestone canyon in the Rockies
- Visit Maligne Lake, the largest in the Canadian Rockies (seasonal)
- Maligne Lake Cruise CAD $50.00
Get ready for some sublime scenery as we stick to the Columbia Icefield Parkway, a route that fur traders and native peoples once used during the 19th century. With waterfalls, lakes, meadows, glaciers, towering mountains, and the largest ice-field south of Alaska, this is one fantastic drive.
Jump on board the Ice Explorer, a snow coach on tracks, and roll onto the Athabasca Glacier, where you can get out and explore the icy slopes. Drink straight from the glacier and taste some of the purest water on earth.
We continue on to famous Lake Louise. Its striking turquoise color and incredible mountain back drop create a breathtaking scene.
Back on the coach, we roll on to legendary Banff, the unofficial capital of the Rockies.
Contiki Special Stopover Dinner
- Walk to Athabasca Falls
- Discover the Athabasca Glacier on the 'Ice Explorer'
- See the Saskatchewan River Valley & Weeping Wall
- See the vivid blue colour of Peyto Lake (seasonal)
- Visit Lake Louise & the enchanting Lake Louise chateau
- See the majestic Banff Springs Hotel
- Helicopter Flight - Cline Glacier CAD $179.00
- Helicopter Flight - Wilson Discovery CAD $241.00
With loads of activities available in Banff, you can choose your own adventure.
There’s the option to get above the Rockies in an unforgettably spectacular helicopter ride or to head up Sulphur mountain by gondola for a slice of remote high country and the chance to see some summit wildlife.
Other ideas for your day include checking out Banff’s landmark Banff Springs Hotel. With over 800 rooms, this massive Gothic structure is fun to explore. Otherwise, head downtown for some shopping, where you can pick up cowboy hats, well-known brands and outdoor sporting equipment.
Tonight, give our horseback ride optional a go, where you’ll ride into the back country and enjoy a traditional cook-out dinner under the open sky.
- Reach new heights on a gondola ride in Banff
- Visit Banff National Park
- See the majestic Banff Springs Hotel
- Horseback Ride & Steak Fry CAD $103.00
- Helicopter Flight - MT. Assiniboine Glacier CAD $240.00
- Helicopter Flight - Royal Canadian CAD $220.00
Cut across three national parks today and experience what each one has to offer in an incredible drive.
Things get wilder and a whole lot more rugged in Yoho National Park, where the ice blue Kicking Horse River winds through a valley of waterfalls and meadows. Be impressed by Glacier National Park, home to over 400 glaciers and stop off at Rogers Pass – a place of awesome surroundings. We’ll also see Mt Revelstoke National Park’s towering peaks and surging river.
Then it’s a complete change of scene as we travel into British Columbia’s wine country, Okanagan Valley, with its vines and terraced hills, to Vernon for our overnight stop.
Hotel Breakfast, Dinner
- Stop at Roger's Pass on one of the world's great mountain roads
- Drive through Yoho, Glacier & Mt. Revelstoke National Parks
- See the incredible Spiral Train Tunnels
- See Kicking Horse Valley
Journey through the stunning Okanagan Valley, Canada’s wine country, before returning to laid-back Vancouver, with its friendly locals, sandy beaches and Pacific rim position.
You'll enjoy a taste of it all with the group when your Tour Manager points out historic Gastown, Vancouver’s founding district, the city’s own Chinatown – home to the largest minority group in Vancouver and the landmark Lion’s Gate Bridge. In Stanley Park, see the colourful Totem Poles of Canada’s First Nations People and learn about traditional culture as your Tour Manager tells you the stories behind them.
For a bit of urban culture, head down town and grab a coffee at one of the many cafes. Continue on to the Gastown area for a bit of shopping, where you can find souvenirs to take back home, including Native American crafts and jewelery.
Tonight, head out on the town with your friends and experience more of Vancouver’s nightlife. Hit the back streets of Gastown or the alleys of Yale Town for some live music. Otherwise, if you know what you’re after, ask your Tour Manager for tips.
- Drive through Kelowna, the largest city in the Interior
- See Lake Okanagan & its large floating bridge
- See Gastown, Chinatown & Lion's Gate Bridge
- Visit the Totem Poles of Canada's First Nations People in Stanley Park
Feel the young vibe of this city while exploring its hip shops & cafes. Later, enjoy a dinner cruise around the harbor & head out for a night on the town!
- Dinner Cruise CAD $55.00
Your Canadian adventure ends this morning and it’s time to say farewell to your new friends. For those who are keen for some more action, there’s the option of a trip to Grouse Mountain or Butchart Gardens.
- Grouse Mountain CAD $42.00
Ready to book?