If you want to live the American dream you can spend your summer living and working in the USA. Whether you want to work in a summer camp or find a job in hospitality or in an office there are options for you to discover the real America.

USA Working Visa Options

There are a few different ways you can work in the United States. You can apply for a J1 visa which allows for unlimited travel in and out of the US and allows medical graduates, students in an exchange program, au pairs and more, and are quite easy to get approved. Alternatively you can apply to work at a Summer Camp in the USA. You can use your J1 visa and work on a summer camp for up to 10 weeks and get 30 days to travel once you’ve finished, the perfect way to spend all that hard earned cash!

Choose a Contiki tour to start or end your American adventure


Your search for ""

clear search

How do I apply for a USA working holiday visa?

With a J1 visa you will need a sponsoring company to send an application to, and the sponsoring company will take you through the steps you need to see if you qualify. There are lots of USA Summer Camp recruitment fairs that you can attend so you can start applying for your dream summer camp job.

Are there age requirements for visas in the USA?

You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a J1 visa, but there is no age limit, although the most common type of applicants are students.

How long can I stay in the USA on a working holiday visa?

The length of stay with a J1 visa depends on the type of activity, those studying may get a visa up to 3 years, whilst camp counsellors may only get a 3 month stay.