*Terms & conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. To enter, www.contiki.com/activity/travel-better and complete the entry form, providing First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Date of Birth.
Contiki Win $1,000 For A Contiki Trip Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") begins at 12:00 AM ET on August 22, 2023 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on November 22, 2023 (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion contains a game of chance ("Sweepstakes").
THE SPONSOR: Travel Corporation NZ Limited trading as Contiki (“Contiki”), a company registered in New Zealand whose registered office address is 131 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland, 1021, New Zealand.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Australia at the time of entry. In order to claim the Grand Prize entrants must be aged between 18 – 35 years old at the date of prize trip departure. Employees, officers, and directors of Contiki ("Sponsor"), and their respective sister companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), as well as Trade Partners are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Acceptance of a prize is subject to the policies and rules or restrictions of the Sponsor. This Promotion is void in any area not listed above and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state, local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: To enter, an entrant must, during the promotional period, visit the competition page at www.contiki.com/activity/travel-better and complete the required details on the online entry form, in accordance with any instructions on the website.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER: The Grand Prize will be awarded to the entrant selected at random.
2. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner selection date for the Promotion is on or about December 8, 2023.The potential prize winner will be notified via email within ten (3) business days of winner selection or as soon as reasonably practicable. The potential winner will have five (5) days to respond to winning notification before forfeiting their prize. The winner will be sent a Prize Declaration document via email. Potential winner becomes the "Winner" only after verification of eligibility by Sponsor. The winners name will be published on contiki.com. If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries.
3. PRIZE/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded during the Promotion.
- The Value of the Grand Prize is $1,000 NZD.
- The Grand Prize consists of: One (1) $1,000 NZD voucher to be used towards a Contiki trip of the winner’s choice. Trip includes accommodations per selected trip itinerary, meals per selected trip itinerary, and inclusions as per the trip package. Travel to and from the trip start and end destinations is not included in the Prize and must be covered and organised by the Prize winner. The Prize winner is responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation (e.g., passports), travel insurance, meals not included in selected trip itinerary, ground transportation and all other costs, expenses and taxes that are not specifically included above. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner is denied entrance into any country for any reason. No changes are permitted to reservations once date of travel is confirmed or ticket has been issued. Trip must be completed by 31 December 2024 and is subject to availability at the time of booking. Certain blackout periods may apply. If trip chosen is less than $1,000 NZD, a cash value will not be given and unused funds will be forfeited. If winner chooses a trip over $1,000 NZD, the winner may pay the difference of the trip prize at their own expense. The holiday must be booked directly with Contiki at least sixty (60) days in advance of the travel date.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize: Prizes will be awarded only upon winner redemption, confirmation, verification, and final approval by Sponsor. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. Any unused funds will be forfeited. No extensions or exceptions will be made.
The winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the contest, including, but not limited to; transportation costs, pre- and post-night accommodations, meals not indicated in the itinerary online at www.contiki.com, optional excursions, cancellation insurance, medical insurance, gratuities, personal expenses and other items of an incidental nature.
The winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
4. PUBLICITY & MARKETING: Each winner hereby expressly grants to the Promotion Parties and their respective designees all rights to use and publish his/her name, likeness (photographic or simulated), voice, and location of residence for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion ("Advertising"), in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law.
All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winning participant hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Advertising. Such Advertising shall be solely under the control of Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winner hereby waives any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of such winning recipient's name, likeness or voice under contract, tort or any other theory of law.
The Promotion Parties reserve the right to cancel or modify the Promotion at any time without notice. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry. If, in Sponsor's sole determination, a dispute cannot be resolved, the Entry will be deemed ineligible.
5. CONDUCT: By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Parties, which shall be final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Promotion Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promotion Parties to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promotion Parties to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person and void all associated Entries and/or registrations. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER, YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) lost, late, stolen, undelivered, inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, damaged or garbled registrations, Entries, URLs; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Entries or registrations at any point in the operation of this Promotion; (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, cable, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (e) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Web Site or any combination thereof or for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, social networking posts, or registrations, the announcement of the prizes, or in any other Promotion-related materials; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, then the Promotion Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part. If terminated, the Promotion Parties will award the prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received for the Promotion up to the time of such action.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Promotion Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Promotion Organizer in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of their respective jurisdictions and the laws their applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Promotion Organizer is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Promotion Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prize
6. RELEASES: All participants, as a condition of participation in this Promotion, agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with (i) participation in any aspect of the Promotion, (ii) the receipt, ownership or use of the prize awarded, including any travel associated with any prize, (iii) participant's registration material on any related website, or (iv) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules.
8. SPONSOR'S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: These Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to rescind, cancel, terminate, or modify this sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if the sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the contest.