Bangkok to Singapore Adventure
(Until Mar 2020)
The one that combines 3 eclectic countries with floating huts & foodie hot spots
Visiting Bangkok, Overnight Train to Surat Thani, Khao Sok, Krabi, Langkawi, Penang, Cameron Highlands, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Surat Thani, Satun
Is this trip for me?
Average 24 people
Mini-Coach + Internal Flights
- Take a guided tour of Bangkok's Royal Palace and feed the fish in the local klongs (canals)
- Canoe Experience
- Cheow Larn Lake Cruise
- Only $200 deposit to book
- Part pay financing available with UpLift
- No change fees
- No booking fees
13 nights accommodation
10 nights in Hotel, 1 night in Overnight Train, 1 night in Special Stay - Tree House, 1 night in Special Stay - Floating Cabin
12 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Regional Dinner
Expert Trip Manager and Local Guides
All transport included during the trip
6 included, 3 optional that you can add
- Cruise on a traditional long tail boat along Lake Cheow Larn following a night at a Special Stay floating raft hut
- Weave through limestone caves by canoe and stop at swimming holes in lush Khao Sok National Park
- Slip into tropical life at the village of Krabi with white sand beaches and access to Thailand's many islands
- Visit the vibrant suburb and UNESCO-listed Georgetown, Malaysia, for temples & street art
- Devour tasty steamboat broth & visit a Tea Plantation in the Camaron Highlands
- Discover modern Kuala Lumpur in a guided city tour including the Petronas Towers
*This experience is a Free Time Add-on and not included in trip costs
Request more info
Some are available to purchase while on the trip
Cheow Larn Lake Cruise
Take a tour of Malaysia's lush tea plantations in the Cameron Highlands
See Kuala Lumpur's hotspots including the Petronas Towers on a guided city tour
Bangkok to Singapore Adventure (Until Mar 2020)
Experiences that are included with your trip
- Canoe Experience
- Cheow Larn Lake Cruise
- Take a tour of Malaysia's lush tea plantations in the Cameron Highlands
- Taste a selection of traditionally steamed dishes at a 'Steamboat' dinner in the Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
- See Kuala Lumpur's hotspots including the Petronas Towers on a guided city tour
- Included flight from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore
3 Free Time Add-Ons
Optional experiences that you can choose from and pay for on your trip
- Take a guided tour of Bangkok's Royal Palace and feed the fish in the local klongs (canals) THB 850
- Enjoy a day out on a boat in Krabi with swimming and snorkelling THB 2400
- Sail the islands of Langkawi on a luxury catamaran with BBQ buffet dinner MYR 280
Sorry! The reviews aren't available for the chosen filter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are flights included in my trip?
International flights to/from the destination your trip starts and ends in are not included in the cost of the trip, and must be purchased separately. You can book these independently if you want to shop around for the best quote, or through your travel agent.
Any flights you take during your Contiki are included in the cost of your trip. On certain Asian trips we use planes to get you from A to B as quickly as possible, and all of this is included.
What documents do I need to travel?
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter certain countries on your trip. In Asia, some visas – but not all – can be purchased at the border with US$ or local currency. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas that are required prior to the departure of your trip. Contiki is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa to join a trip. Visa & other entry & exit conditions (such as currency, arrival/departure taxes, customs & quarantine regulations) do change regularly.
Your passport must have at least six months’ validity remaining when you arrive. Local immigration authorities may deny entry & deport people who do not meet this requirement, even if they intend on staying only for a short period. Important to consider:
1. Visas can take up to six weeks & a fee is normally charged.
2. Failure to obtain all necessary visas could cause you to
miss part of your trip & will result in you incurring considerable expense & inconvenience.
3. It is better to apply for all visas through your travel agent before you leave home. Be aware that some visas can be purchased & arranged on arrival.
4. It is very important that the entry & exit dates are correct on the visa. Your travel agent will contact Contiki for full details. In these cases passport photos and US$ will be required and your Trip Manager will explain the process.
What are the luggage restrictions?
On our Asia trips, you can bring one bag or suitcase of 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”), with a max weight of 20kg (44lbs) – 15kg in India – plus one piece of hand luggage suitable as a carry-on for flights.
What do the Contiki team do?
People are at the heart of everything we do, and our team is what makes our trips the best. Our worldwide On-Road Team, locally based staff & network of Local Guides are all extensively trained & widely travelled, & are the best in the business. But we know it’s not just about training, it’s about passion & our team have it in their blood.
Your Trip Manager is like your walking, talking guidebook – just for you. They plan your itinerary every day, organise your food and accomodation and book your Free Time Add ons, and because they know everything about where you’re going, you will too. Local Guides provide specialist knowledge when you need it and will always help you avoid the tourist traps.
What's not included that I should budget for?
There are loads of great things to spend your money on while you’re in Asia – from a trip to an offshore island, to a special dinner or an outfit that you just can’t resist... So how much money should you bring?
Remember your trip already includes plenty of things such as breakfast every day, many meals, lots of sightseeing, guided tours & activities & much more
Before you travel, it’s a good idea to read up on and get an idea of the Free Time Add-Ons you think you’ll want to do on trip, as these will form part of your overall budget. We’d advise doing some research on your chosen destinations beforehand, looking at things like:
- Cost of a local lunch
- Cost of a local dinner
- Cost of a local taxi
- Cost of entry to a sightseeing spot
Remember, there’s a big budgetary difference between a country like Japan & a country like Thailand, so do your research.
Will I be able to access WiFi on my trip?
Contiki Asia is mostly hotel accommodation with great amenities like WiFi. We have also included accommodation that reflects Asian culture, too. Like a family-run Guest house in the Mekong, a traditional junk boat in Halong Bay & an authentic local guesthouse in Laos. At these Special Stays, take the time for a digital detox and soak in all of that natural beauty.
What are Contiki’s sustainability credentials?
We believe that travelling sustainably and consciously, matters. Contiki Cares is our commitment to protecting the communities we visit, the wildlife we interact with, and the planet we all share. Our founding partner, the TreadRight Foundation was established 10 years ago as a not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting sustainable tourism within The Travel Corporation’s family of brands. From the Dhonk centre in India to the COPE visitor centre in Laos, our projects in Asia are all about giving something back. Find out more at https://www.contiki.com/uk/en/about/contiki-cares.
How do I pay for my Free Time Add Ons?
Free Time Add Ons in Asia are paid for in cash with local currency and USD only. Payments with other currencies (eg. AUD) or credit card cannot be accepted.
How do I redeem the % off deal?
Our great deals and offers are only in market for a limited time are subject to pay in full deadlines. If you cannot pay in full by the specified date shown alongside the offer/deal you can still lock in the trip date of your choice at our Standard Price where normal payment terms of pay in full 45 days prior to your trip departing apply. Visit the deals page for the full terms & conditions. Discounts apply to the land portion of your trip price only (this excludes taxes, included flight costs, extra accommodation & optional activities. Your trip price does not include the costs of international flights that start or end your trip).